Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

The Chat Chat Thread

Go down 
+7
Zormage
DarkRecon
blaze7734
Shen
Alek
GraffleFraff
Zielo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Every day I notice that a few people have been on the forums in the past 24 hours, and yet nothing is being posted or talked about. We should just make a thread and talk about whatever, so everyone can stop clicking the Informal icon in vain and getting nothing out of it.

Next poster, name some random topic thats interesting that we can all sit around and converse about. (if no new post is made in a day then Ill just do anything)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Wait, Helen, you still need to play Re :Coded!, then again, it's more side story than a game can handle.

I am also excited for some of the worlds in DDD, Traverse town with TWEWY characters, Disney Three Musketeers, Hunchback of Notre Dam, Pinocchio, and my personal favorite out all revealed so far, TRON: Legacy.

Start thinking of other relatively famous Disney movies in worlds not visited yet, since it was revealed that all the worlds in this game would be brand new worlds not visited in previous games.

latest trailer with English subs
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 pm

KINGDOM HEARTS SUCKS

-hides-

Im still in Canada (unfortunately) and the way its working out, i get on the computer basically whenever there arent plans to do anything and im in a certain house so its kind of hard for me to predict when ill be free... so after the fifth of january i can be free if we still want to do a reunion before the break is over
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 am

Yeah.... I think my break will be over by the fifth. I think we go back on around the third, actually.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:28 am

-ignores Omar-

I heard that Coded was only released in Japan. Also, I'm really excited for Tron the most too, I thought that world was easily one of the most fun in KH2. I just want the Emporer's New Groove.. really, that would make me so happy. BOOM BABY. They also never did Robin Hood, Fox and the Hound, I mean we have a lot of uncovered ground here.

Well the reunion doesn't haven't to be during winter break for me. Anytime I don't have class I can be free.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:32 am

Well the original Coded was only released in Japan on the PHONE. Square then did a remake of it and put it on the DS called RE: Coded.

Well the Tron world was the original Tron movie, before Legacy was released. But I'm still excited. Lightcycles anyone?
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:34 am

Yeah but it's the same world from the original Tron to Legacy. They might come at it from a different approach, for instance starting in Flynn's instead of entering Tron through Radiant Gardens. And we most likely won't follow Tron this time since he turned evil.. They did light cycles in KH2 but it wasn't the traditional one like in the original Tron game in the 80s, so maybe they'll include that this time? I doubt it because they want the game-play to stay 3D, and a first person version of the light-cycle game would be entirely luck based since you can't see from birds eye view.

Anyway, what's everyone's plans for New Years? Anything exciting. My sister is going to New York, but I'm just having a fire-pit.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:57 am

We played stupid board games with my family for new years, but that was to be expected coming to Canada. The older i get the less importance i see in holidays and birthdays and everything that was fun to me as a child. I AM BECOMING OLD AND SENILE.

Speaking of Tron, my cousin told me there is going to be a sequal to to legacy. Also apparently there will be 2 more sequals to Avatar and 3 books. One of them is about how they find the planet which would actually be pretty interesting, as long as they fire whoever the script and get better actors.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 am

I heard about the Tron one. I'm kind of annoyed with the whole Avatar thing. I really didn't think it was as good as people said it was, and I think they're trying really hard to make it the next sci-fi sensation with a huge following like Star Wars. I guess they're already halfway there since there were people that killed themselves over it, but really Avatar could never touch Star Wars. NEVER.

Also, I don't see what's not fun about playing board games.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 am

Its fun playing board games, its not fun playing board games with kids that dont know how to play (we were playing monopoly, a very straightforward game). Yes, we tried explaining it, but when you have to spell everything out every time its their turn, it stops being fun. Then we tried this game called 5 second rule where, when its your turn you draw a card and it will say something like "name 3 bald celebrities" and you have to answer in 5 seconds. Which is also not fun with kids didnt know any of that either. I can honestly say that when i was their age i knew a lot more than them. Its this new generation, we are all doomed. Technology is all they know. One of my cousins is 3 and he is still learning to talk, and he knows how to use an iphone better than my mom does...

You're right, Avatar was not that great of a movie, the special effects are really all it has to stand on. Its just one of those movies that builds up hype due to the media and everyone goes crazy. Same with Black Swan and Inception, ive seen multiple movies made by both of the directors and all of there work is similar, they just didnt get the same publicity.

Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 am

Its our generation too, that was raised and relies on technology. Not everyone, but I have a few friends that don't know how to read a map because they've only ever needed to use GPS. If we run out of what we need to power our machines, a lot of people are going to die within a week. I'm still aggravated by the amount of people that can't do simple math. I'm not even talking algebra, I'm talking simple multiplication. The other day my friend was making cupcakes, and each tray contained 12 holes for cupcakes (which you know because it has three rows and four columns). She needed to make 32 of them, and instead of just multiplying the number of trays by 12 to know that she needed 3 trays to make 36 cupcakes, she counted every hole individually. I know it's not life or death, but it's inefficient as hell and it pisses me off.

Definitely. As a general rule, movies that are "highly-anticipated" are better if you wait until the hype wears down. I don't think I would've come down nearly as hard on Avatar if I'd just waited until people had stop talking about it to watch it. I feel like as a habit I over-condemn movies that people are over-hyping to balance out how mediocre the film really is.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 am

I might be a bit too trapped in my computer (and might be for the rest of my life), but that just beyond the line @-@ People are starting to lose common sense by the looks of it, even I can pull all of that off D:

Popular saying: "The children are our future". Now I'm worried...

@movies: Yeah, that's probably true, same thing happens with videogames. Each time a new one it's announced it feels like it's going to be the best videogame ever. Razz

The last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes 2, and I must say that I'm satisfied with the outcome. I really enjoyed the whole movie till the end.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Yeah, I hear the Sherlick Holmes movies are really good and worth watching. Ive never seen either of them though, but its going on my to-do list eventually.

Avatar... all that was was Pocahontas with aliens instead of Indians and it had special effects. I thought it was an interesting way to modernize the story of Pocahontas, though. I didn't dislike it but I didn't really like it either.

I thought I was bad at math... multiplication specifically.. at least I know better than to count things individually when I already know exactly how much is in one thing.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:15 am

Guys, 2012 is a big year for movies. Get your bodies ready for:

Men in Black 3
Batman Dark Knight Rises
The Amazing Spiderman (the new one with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone)
Hunger Games
Five-Year Engagement (care because it has Jason Segel)
The Great Gatsby
and more!

And that doesn't even include all the movies that are coming back into theatres for a 3D release. (Less excited about the 3D, more excited about them being on a big screen). Star Wars Phantom Menace, Titanic, Finding Nemo, and Beauty and the Beast! If the world ends in 2012, I will die happy.
Back to top Go down
BillyFTW
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
BillyFTW

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:02 pm

yeessss. definitely have to watch Batman and MIB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 am

Lol, The Great Gatsby is becoming a movie? I had to read that for summer reading..

Dark Knight Rises is the only movie im actually excited for. The Amazing Spiderman is either going to be awful or ..... amazing. Hopefully it will be a good reboot just like the new batman series was.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm

The Great Gatsby has been made into a movie before, but that was like in the 50s. You have to admit, if you weren't forced to read it for school you'd like the book.

I think Spiderman is going to be good. I hope I don't eat my words, but I like the cast and I don't think the other movies are particularly hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Since this topic is almost dead, I thought I'd revive with some great new information I just found. The third installment of the Gen. V Pokemon games. Two of them actually.

They are called Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2, featuring two new forms of Kyurem.

Link for all the released info, which isn't much honestly.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 am

Already saw it. Its kinda... different if you ask me. They've literally been doing EVERYTHING for Pokemon in pairs lately. Two of basically the same movie, legendaries, and now the middle game that usually ties both the previous two together. Meh.. we'll just have to see how it comes out. I dont expect anything bad.

But we probably shouldnt talk about it much considering we're really the only ones on here that get involved with Pokemon lol.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 4:35 pm

I finally bought a 3DS, and everyone makes fun of me because I don't play pokemon. I don't understand when it became uncool to NOT play pokemon.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 pm

I believe that trend started around when Diamond and Pearl were released and Pokemon battles went Wi-Fi.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Alek wants a 3DS .-.

I ocassinaly play Pokemon because of my smaller cousin. We just battle over who haves a better team. Razz But do not worry Helen, you are pretty cool to me because you play KH. Smile
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Aw, thanks Alek <3
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm

BTW, KH: 3D is getting a summer release date for the US, while the US release of Pokemon BW2 is in the fall.

Helen, give me your FC! I need more people to play with.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Are you liking the 3DS? I kind of feel like the 3D gimmick gets boring after a while.. i feel like eventually i would just turn off the 3d to save my eyes the stress. I havent played a handheld game in such a long time though. After i beat bioshock i might play spirit tracks for the DS.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:25 pm

My friend code is: 4940-6229-7568 WOO Very Happy

I honestly really like it. So far I've only been playing Ocarina of Time, and the 3D feature is really neat. It's important to note that you're meant to slide the 3D slider to where you find it the most comfortable. A lot of people I've talked to turn it all the way on, which no wonder they get a headache. Mine is set a little less than halfway, and everything looks really awesome. Its worth the buy if you prefer nintendo. I know a lot of people are taking sides with the playstation vita coming out, but for me specifically I find that the 3DS has a lot more games that I can play casually or with friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chat Chat Thread
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next