Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE

Go down 
+2
Kevintasta
GraffleFraff
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi!  I've missed you all!  Sorry, my last year of school was really difficult and stressful, so I've been staying away from the internet in general.  I gave you no warning though, so my bad.  My last class (summer session) ends in three weeks though, so I should have more time to chat with you all.  Anyway, it's been so long that I thought I'd ask you guys some questions to catch up quicker!

1. What are your summer plans?

2. How is/was school or work?

3. Any big life events I should know about?

4. What is your 3DS code (since I saw some of you talking about it)? What games are you playing (goes for non 3DS people too)?

5. This is where you detail your romantic episodes/love interests that I've missed and/or any juicy juicy gossip you want to tell me.

Please feel free to be detailed and write a wall of text if you so choose!  I really am interested in what's been going on.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:43 am

Zielo wrote:

Im insanely jealous of you right now, you have no idea what I'd do if I was in your position. (...probably hit up all of the pokemon centers)
From someone whos actually taken Japanese class a couple of times, I really, really want to go at least once. The culture is just so beautiful, they focus a lot on respect and everyone seems so polite, they have unique wildlife and traditions, and its another huge city where transportation isnt an issue. I BEG YOU PLEASE GO TO A POKEMON CENTER, BUY EITHER THE COOLEST OR CUTEST BUT NOT EXTREMELY MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU SEE, MAIL IT TO ME WHEN YOU RETURN, AND I WILL REIMBURSE YOU COMPLETELY.

Unfortunately, I'm not in Tokyo and thus nowhere near any Pokemon centers. If I come across anything else pokemon related though, I'll send something your way.

I think Japan is a good place to visit but not to live in. The culture is super interesting and everything is really orderly and efficient. However, Japan really likes its traditions. This is cool in some places (like tea ceremony or something cultural) while a lot of other times it's just inefficient (they still use fax machines). Working is also pretty sketchy in comparison to America. Apparently you dont get a job description and you are expected to work in the same company your whole life. On the flip side, you have pretty good job stability and don't normally get fired directly (your peers will probably shun you before that). The communal aspect is also very strong so it's hard to distinguish yourself individually if you're looking for that. Then again, this may not be all companies but just the ones I've heard about, and I'm sure there is a large variety of companies just like in America.

On that note, we visited CyberConnect2 yesterday which is the company that makes the .hack games and Naruto fighting games. Their work environment was pretty chill. They had a a room with manga and a bunch of anime/movies/games the employees could rent. They were all working in one room though, so there didnt seem to be much privacy. Still, seemed like a pretty cool work environment.

Zielo wrote:

Oh and my three safari pokemon are Tranquill, Farfetch'd, and Hawlucha. Let me know if you want the third one and we can plan a time for us both to be online.

Unfortunately, I'm looking for the Talonflame line, though Hawlucha is interesting. I think I'll probably just friend code some random people online to get what I'm looking for.

I'm also okay with marathoning a series or getting together for a movie night. I still haven't watched Pokemon Origins so I wouldn't be against that. Since the latest anime season is just ending, there's a lot we could marathon too. I've watched No Game No Life and Mekakucity Actors already, so there's that. Last season was also pretty strong with romance shows (Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Nisekoi, Isshuukan Friends), and I'll probably be watching those soon. Ping Pong was also really good apparently.

Also, for those interested in the new season which I believe starts next week, here's a pretty nice list with some quick impressions
http://randomc.net/2014/06/18/summer-2014-preview/
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:09 am

Kevin, are you going to that aquarium/have you already been? You know which one.. I think that aquarium is the only reason I'd want to go to Japan.

Angie, on moving to another city, I think that would be a good idea. Starbucks has a great relocation thing about them where if you're moving your manager can find stores where you're moving and set up a job for you before you go. After you get trained as a dog trainer you should look into that. Seattle is good, but don't limit yourself to it. Portland, Oregon is another city that has great transportation and it's really biker friendly. Plus it's virtually the same climate as Seattle and the cost of living is cheaper. Lol, sorry for the unwarranted advice, I just want you to be happy and I think that'll be hard to manage staying where you are.

Aka No Hana/Flowers of Evil is the only series I've been recommended. It's 12 episodes but I have no idea what it's about. But I'll watch anything, even Pokemon -_-. Clearly I'm also game for a movie night sometime.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:31 pm

@Kevin I guess I never really thought about there being traditions in the business place as well, but it definitely makes sense when you think about the culture there. I think working in America would probably be a better option too since you are more used to the culture here, but I guess there is no way to really know unless you have worked a job in both places. Also as a player of the naruto games CyberConnect2 has made, that sounds really cool. That seems like the best work environment because you know everyone you work with is equally passionate about what they are doing there, which doesn't happen often in jobs

@Everyone POKEMON ORIGINS..................................................... OK

I guess I need to wait for everyone else's availability before I can set a date, and I know Kevin is in Japan so we have to take that time difference into consideration, but I can really do whenever. I am living that bum life this summer.

Also Korra was awesome

This was my reaction:
Spoiler:

Edit: I grammar bad
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 4:39 am

@Helen

I'm in Beppu which is like the middle of nowhere for Japan, so there really isn't that much nearby. In retrospect, I should've done a bigger program but I'm planning on getting internship for the next few summers, so I decided to do the one I could now

@Omar

Yeah, it's a little disillusioning when you hear about it, but that's just part of the culture here. Overtime is also a huge thing here to the point where it is expected and if someone is still working while you are done for the day, you are half-expected to stay. This is all hear-say though, and I do hear that the conditions are changing. Especially looking at the youth here, they seem a lot more individualistic and similar to America's young people. If you ever get a chance to study abroad, I'd recommend it since it gives a lot more perspective on people in general.

Yeah, CyberConnect2's workplace seemed pretty cool. I'm glad that visiting them was part of our program. Kind of made me want to apply to intern there or somewhere similar.

@Everyone
The program ends in two weeks, so I am completely free after that for a movie night. To be honest, with finals and projects being due soon, I don't know if I'll be too free beforehand, but if you guys decide on a time, tell me and I can probably make room for it.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 8:38 pm

I can adjust my schedule to match anything really, as long as it's not in the morning that is. x3

I've already watched Log Horizon till the end of the first season. It's amazing. I can't wait for the next season.

Currently I'm watching Hunter x Hunter because a friend of mine kept insisting on it. It's really good. Sadly it's one of those ongoing shows/mangas. So there isn't much hope of watching that one in one sit. I just thought I'd throw a suggestion for you guys in case you didn't have anything to watch.

We could watch a movie too, but I'm up for anything as long as I get to do shenanigans with you guys. Razz

P.S: I just reached lvl 200 in Maple. :3
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 pm

@Alek

Yeah, next season of Log Horizon comes out in fall I think?  Little worried about the lack of source material for that but whatever.

Also, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?  You can't just drop a bomb like "I reached level 200 guys" so casually like that.  Fuck... I remember when reaching level 100 made me happy...  Do you still play often?  I kind of actually really want to play MS again to be honest.  When I get back to the states, I might join again.

At any rate, congrats!  I don't know how many level 200's there are anymore but you're up there now too!
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 3:55 am

Yeah... I'm a lvl 200 very proud Aran owner of his own Maha. :3 You guys know me for being quite unusual on my ways. xD

I play daily actually, I just don't do a grindfest like in the past. It took me forever to get to 200. The exp curve and training methods have changed quite a lot though... So it's not actually hard to get to 100 now. It's still something worth of respect though.

Currently I'm inside one of the most popular guilds of Broa. Not actually fond of it to be honest. It's also target of a great deal of hate from the community. If you all decide to come back and play Maple, I'm sure we could recreate Informal in a casual way, not with the actual intent of maintaining a guild since it seems to be so much trouble now actually. I just liked being in a guild for the heck of it. In my opinion it is supposed to be a system to build the community, not break it apart with one-sided competitions between the weakest and the strongest players of Maple.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 am

@Alek

Congrats on getting to 200. I know they made it easier than it used to be, but regardless that is a big accomplishment.

@Kevin

I sometimes wish i could play it again, but then I remember all the times I have gone back and instantly quit after I realize how much has changed. Also Maple is general isn't really a casual game. Of course you can play it casually, but to get somewhere you have to sink some serious time into the game, whether it is spread out or all at once. I just personally don't see that much time being worth it anymore. A good private server seems like the only thing that would get me interested in the idea of playing maple again, as it eliminates pretty much all of my gripes with the game. If you do go back let me know how it is. Maybe Nexon listened to the players for once and changed some things for the better.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 4:01 am

I have to completely disagree on the Private Server idea. When I just came back to play, the idea was to look for a private server, not actually return to GMS. It all ended in failure. There's barely any private servers to begin with (at least any worth while), so it was almost out of the question to play in one. It might be cool and "satisfying" to play for the first few days, but since every single rate in the game is buffed as hell it gets boring, and in the case of normal/low rates, then without a doubt GMS is better than any private server pretty much because of the amount of players.

GMS might have changed a lot from last time, but some of the changes actually were meant to counter the lack of satisfaction that made players look for a private server to begin with. The exp rates and methods of training have had a lot of "improvements so to speak. What's the difference between leveling up to, say lvl 100, in GMS and a private server? I think it's pretty obvious. If it doesn't require any "effort" in GMS, then it requires even less in a private server, which actually contradicts the sense of "satisfaction" the private server is providing.

I prefer taking my time to get to lvl 30 through quests (even if it only takes 1 hr) than just having to grind my way in a private server with a few monsters. I talked to Kevin about this in Skype, it's possible to achieve lvl 200 in a week. I'm serious. But that is in the best case scenario. If you actually take your time (like I did, 2 years...), the thing is enjoyable as hell. There's some story line quests that are actually really interesting and decent as game content and they're about the Black Mage. For example: A new theme dungeon called Grand Athenaeum which is about the origins of the Black Mage, the BGM is brilliant and the story is entertaining as hell. Then you have the new story lines for explorers which are just AWESOME in my opinion, you actually feel like a hero this time. Then you have the Silent Crusade content which is what takes you through the "present" story line for the Black Mage. And then you have the Twilight Maple World Story line which also has some really nice BGM in some places and even though the story isn't as deep as the rest of the content I've mentioned it's still enjoyable.

I guess I've ranted enough... In the end it just comes to a matter of opinion. But I'll welcome anyone who wants to join me in Broa with open arms.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 am

@Alek

I know that there is little satisfaction with leveling up in a private server. I wouldn't be playing in a private server for anything other than the social aspect with you guys to begin with. I personally don't think I would get satisfaction in leveling up in either a private server or GMS. Looking at the numbers of damage you do slowly increase with each level is only so fun for me, and I think I've mined out every ounce of fun from that the last time I played maple seriously. I don't deny the quests you are describing as being an improvement to the previous grinding we had to do, but quests in maple are pretty much all the same just because of the inherent limitations of gameplay in maple. You talk, you kill shit, you find stuff, and then you talk again. And the canon of maple is so ridiculous and inconsistent I couldn't see myself engrossed in the stories. I would just want to use a private server as a more in depth medium of socializing online. I'm not trying to bash anyone that plays GMS, it would hypocritical considering how many years I played that game in the first place, I just can't see myself playing that game with the intent of playing it like an actual game anymore, if that makes sense.

To be honest I will go to any place I can GPQ, because that's really the only thing I want to do in maple.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Kevintasta wrote:

I think Japan is a good place to visit but not to live in.  The culture is super interesting and everything is really orderly and efficient.  However, Japan really likes its traditions.  This is cool in some places (like tea ceremony or something cultural) while a lot of other times it's just inefficient (they still use fax machines).  Working is also pretty sketchy in comparison to America.  Apparently you dont get a job description and you are expected to work in the same company your whole life.  On the flip side, you have pretty good job stability and don't normally get fired directly (your peers will probably shun you before that).  The communal aspect is also very strong so it's hard to distinguish yourself individually if you're looking for that.  Then again, this may not be all companies but just the ones I've heard about, and I'm sure there is a large variety of companies just like in America.

I imagine jobs must be very hard to find then if people are expected to stay in one place their whole lives, people rarely get fired or quit. I cant imagine staying at a Petco or especially a McDonalds forever, lol. Unless you meant more career-like jobs, then that makes more sense...

GraffleFraff wrote:

Angie, on moving to another city, I think that would be a good idea. Starbucks has a great relocation thing about them where if you're moving your manager can find stores where you're moving and set up a job for you before you go. After you get trained as a dog trainer you should look into that. Seattle is good, but don't limit yourself to it. Portland, Oregon is another city that has great transportation and it's really biker friendly. Plus it's virtually the same climate as Seattle and the cost of living is cheaper. Lol, sorry for the unwarranted advice, I just want you to be happy and I think that'll be hard to manage staying where you are.

Aka No Hana/Flowers of Evil is the only series I've been recommended. It's 12 episodes but I have no idea what it's about. But I'll watch anything, even Pokemon -_-. Clearly I'm also game for a movie night sometime.

I like the sound of that option. Although the main reason I would be going specifically to Seattle (or Washington in general) would be to be with my family. Grandparents, cousins, uncles, even my mom because she decided to stay when we went on vacation. Its pretty much just my brother (who also will be leaving for Seattle in the next couple years) and my dad, and im not in particularly good terms with him anyway. Im pretty sure Petco has the same job relocation thing, and considering I just made employee of the month (for the second time...  tongue) I dont think they would have trouble moving me. My mom/grandpa already said I could stay with them. I am really considering going, I just need to work out some details...
Still though, once im independent I'll be looking for more cheaper living options such as that. Im just pretty tired of the south. Everything down here is so underdeveloped and far behind in society. It still pains me to realize that Mississippi never completely abolished slavery until last year......

Also you guys still owe me for making me watch Digimon anyway.

iAlexxx! wrote:

P.S: I just reached lvl 200 in Maple. :3

Daannnng Alek, CONGRATS. I remember when 200 was practically a myth.

On the topic of going back to maple, I guess I wouldnt mind. I dont typically have a whole lot of time though but I have always wanted to try that new beast tamer class that Ive been waiting for since I started playing the game. Also level 30 in an hour.... I remember when that literally took a couple weeks, and when you got to 30 it was a huge screenshot milestone moment. Im glad level milestones are a lot more achievable though, you shouldnt have to look at the level cap and think that its impossible to get there.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Yeah congrats on level 200 Alek!!! That's awesome. I have no interest in ever playing an mmo ever again, or any game where I have to devote any sort of time to on a regular basis, but I'll admit it does sound like fun and I miss it a lot.

Omar, I can't watch Korra until my friend comes back from Israel, which is like a few days from now, so I'll get back to you on that. My friends are saying it's good though so I'm stoked!

If we're still throwing out anime ideas, why not do SAO 2? I think we owe it to ourselves because we really loved the first season. I know I speak for everyone when I say it was our second favorite series after School Days, of course.

Angie you loved the Digimon movie, like don't even lie. Well, the first half.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:05 am

GraffleFraff wrote:
Yeah congrats on level 200 Alek!!! That's awesome. I have no interest in ever playing an mmo ever again, or any game where I have to devote any sort of time to on a regular basis, but I'll admit it does sound like fun and I miss it a lot.

Omar, I can't watch Korra until my friend comes back from Israel, which is like a few days from now, so I'll get back to you on that. My friends are saying it's good though so I'm stoked!

If we're still throwing out anime ideas, why not do SAO 2? I think we owe it to ourselves because we really loved the first season. I know I speak for everyone when I say it was our second favorite series after School Days, of course.

Angie you loved the Digimon movie, like don't even lie. Well, the first half.

I guess I cant really decide what I want to do as far as an mmo. On one hand I want to see what they've done with the place again, and I wanna try that new class, but on the other, im kind of like Helen where I dont have a real interest in playing a game where I have to devote a lot of time to on a regular basis. Its kind of a love-hate relationship.

I havent started Korra yet actually, im waiting until Im done with this other series that im watching. Dont judge me but a friend got me into orange is the new black. Im on the last episode now though, so soon.

I am definitely down with SAO 2. I havent started yet either, all I know about it is that I think Kirito is a girl or something I think?
I actually dont really remember the Digimon movie anymore, but I think you're right, I remember something going crazy towards the second half...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:12 am

@Helen

I am not even kidding when I say this, School Days is the only thing I have ever experienced that I can describe as "traumatizing"

@Angie

I've heard from people that I know that Orange is the New Black is actually a really good show, I just can't get myself into it because the creator of that show (Jenji Kohan) made a show called Weeds which eventually turned into the stupidest show I have ever wasted my time with, but this was after the third season.

Also check the Guild Events section of the forum in case you didn't see that. I thought we would do Pokemon Origins since that was our first idea, but I am up for SAO 2 as well, even though coincidentally that first season also turned into the stupidest show I have ever wasted my time with.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:08 pm

I was seriously kidding about SAO 2. That last season turned into tentacle porn, remember? Plus only one episode is out right now, not good for marathoning.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Have to agree with Helen on that. GGO arc isn't terribly great either from what I remember. Let's stick with Pokemon.

Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I should have caught the sarcasm when you said "our second favorite series next to School Days"...

I still like SAO enough to continue watching it, im just gonna do it on my own time. I need to at least give it one more season to see if theyre going to continue the bullshit. Im already not liking his apparent female character thing though, that has always creeped me out in any rpg no matter what. I will forever and always blame Jando on that one aspect of me. A lot of it probably had to do with Adrian too.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 am

If it makes you feel better, it's not actually a female avatar. But yeah, I'll probably keep up with it too, so I'll be down to discuss it. Already watched the first episode and a lot of bullshit signs came up but I decided I'm just going to watch for the ride and not give a shit about that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 4:39 pm

You guys are actually going to watch it? Damn, now I feel obligated to too. Ok but this time when it starts getting really bad I'm going to quit instead of power through.

Hahaha.... Jando.. Remember when he created that alternate character to spy on us? Good times.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 1:17 am

Jando was kind of like that one crazy friend that no one believes you had, because the things he did were so outrageous, they would think no one would possibly want to do them.

But yeah im probably going to watch it for the ride myself. Its hard to not continue watching something you've already started, unless its just THAT bad. Kill La Kill gave me that vibe. I feel like I should try it again though because everyone says its so good, I want to see what theyre talking about... the first couple episodes just felt weird though.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:03 am

ALRIGHT, UNRELATED TANGENT

NEW SMASH BROS CHARACTERS. This was like the most hype possible thing for me. I expected the new character to be either Chrom, Lucina, or Robin and all fucking three of them are in there (although I think Chrom is still questionable). I'm definitely getting a Wii U now. Also, Captain Falcon is back which is cool too I guess.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 1:48 am

I was disappointed at the reveal. I never cared about Captain Falcon, and I didnt even know who Chrom, Lucina, or Robin was, or why he genderbends. Ive never touched a Fire Emblem game before. I didn't even know it existed until Brawl when I saw the characters for the first time, and I had to ask someone what they were from. There, I said it. Commence the hate.

The character I've been waiting all this time for is, wait for it- Pokemon Trainer. Im sure that is a surprise to you all.
But no really, its not just the fact that its Pokemon, but he was three different characters in one and thats what made it unique. Squirtle kicked ass. Now that Charizard is a standalone character though, they could maybe change the Pokemon roster... however im sad to admit that another Pokemon character is probably pretty unlikely at this point. Im so glad they probably canned Jigglypuff though.

I might have to pick up a Fire Emblem game one day though... its the talk of the town lately and one of these days im gonna have to see what all the hype is about.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 2:59 am

YAY TANGENTS. We're really bad at going through tangents, aren't we?

Moar Fire Emblem characters? Thanks. Very Happy Though I'm in the same spot as Ange (I haven't played a Fire Emblem title in my life), I really like the playstyle they've been giving these characters. So I guess that makes some more characters to play with for me. Very Happy

Captain Falcon has been a signature character to the series, and leaving him out would've been a HUGE disappointment to a lot of fans. In competitive play He is one of the strongest characters (Fox has always been god tier xD), so not seeing Falcon in the scene would've meant a lot of people having to switch playstyles and gameplay patterns and that isn't precisely easy.

Anyways, Falcon is that "well rounded" character that has the awesome signature move known as Falcon Punch. So, without him we wouldn't be able to scream "FALCON -dramatic pause- PUNCH!" at our friends and make it a meme everywhere. Razz

I JUST WANT SMASH TO BE RELEASED ALREADY.

We're gonna play the hell out of that in my classroom. x3 3DS's everywhere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 3:20 am

Oh yeah, the one thing I do know about Fire Emblem is that the characters have really weird running animations...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 12:05 pm

I am definitely getting both the 3DS and Wii U version of Smash. I was genuinely surprised with all the character they are still adding. The team who works on this game must have to keep it so under the wrap over there, like how has this not been leaked yet?

I don't think Chrom is a playable character though, he is just part of the Avatar's (or Robin apparently) final smash. I think its kind of weird they chose to make the Avatar a character instead of Chrom, but from the gameplay it seems like he will handle completely differently than any other character with his spells and shit, so I can't be too mad.

My question is if the character announcements will continue. They are pacing these releases very well, keeping the hype for this game up. If the release date is October, they still have plenty of time. The question is who is next? It would have to be a game they are currently promoting or will be promoting soon. I think the most desired character among all fans is Ridley, but that seems like wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE   UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE QUESTIONAIRE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next