Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Derp Video Game Stuff...

Go down 
+3
Kevintasta
Alek
blaze7734
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

So yeah video games... yeah
arent they something...yeah
yeah.....

Okay well i am utterly clueless on where to start this thing off so TOPIC ANYONE?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:55 pm

You've told me about Sonic Colors before. I just looked it up on youtube and it looks pretty sweet. I actually know a person that's really into the Sonic story-line. There was a show or something, right?

Did you guys that watched E3 see the Usher performance? Not related to games, but come on, it was hilarious watching him trying to get a room full of nerds get up and dance.

Basically everyone touched on this, but yeah, the kinect really sucks. It's not accurate at all, and like Alek said there's a problem with the response time. I played Star Wars on it, and it never accurately read how I was swinging my light-saber, like damn, I JUST WANT TO FEEL LIKE A JEDI. If they're going to make a big deal out of this technology, they should wait until they've worked the kinks out of it. Right now it's only good for dancing games, and even then sometimes if you're playing multi-player it mixes up who's playing, and then I lose when clearly I'm the better dancer. UGH

I'm a huge nintendo fan-girl. It may be mostly nostalgia, but I don't think I'll ever be mad enough at them to not continue to buy their games. Though, y'all are right, lots of faults.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Helen you are so lame, don't take pride in your skill in dance games like DDR, which reminds me, did you know about that DDR movie? i forgot what it was called but the trailer was the funniest shit i have ever seen.

Back on topic, some games pull off the big open world feel, without truly being open world. Like grand theft auto and red dead redemption (basically all rockstar games), also shadow of the collossus. In none of the games were the games open world like skyrim, or oblivion, but it created the feel of it, i don't really know if that makes any sense. It is possible to create an open world game without the overwhelming-ness that you get though
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:18 am

Listen, I don't know why you're jealous that I have fresh moves. It took a lot of time and practice so of course I'm proud! But no, I didn't hear about the DDR movie. I don't think I'll watch it because anytime they put a dancing game spot light in any movie it was always dumb.

Oh yeah. Grand Theft Auto always felt like a real place to me, because like you said it felt limitless but it had limits. I've never thought about it before, I wonder how they design a place that feels infinite like that.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Personally, I've never really liked GTA that much.Sure, it's fun to kill thousands of people, but everything got tedious to me.

And thinking about how to make a world feel limitless... hmm... mabye you just create 3 separate islands that happen to be in the middle of nowhere with a huge horizon? I guess that creates a sense of "limitless-ness". lol
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:14 am

Yeah the island thing sounds right. I think the key must be to not have a virtual wall, once the player reaches the end it loops back around. It also helps if it's too big to really know where everything is, that way you get lost a lot. Once me and my friends spent like an hour trying to find a strip club we'd already found once before. Then when we finally got there I think we got too close to one of the dancers and the owner pulled out a shot gun. That game was cray.

Oh yeah, look... islands. From GTA 4:

Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 4759-gta-iv-map-small
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 am

Can I just... agree with everyone?

I missed a couple weeks on the forums and this thread just shot up. I have no useful advice or information or anything to contribute to because you guys are well into the discussion, but I can say that I read most of it and agree to most of it as well.

Like I said, I'm no big gamer and I haven't even played most of the classic stuff like Megaman and Sonic. All I've even really touched in the past year was Pokemon, a few dingy DS games, and that tiny bit of Maple, so I'm pretty lost. Bleh.

I do kinda miss video games though, it just sucks that I have no updated systems besides a DS whatsoever. Dylan was my only source to that lol.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:20 am

It's sweet that you read everything anyway (i wouldnt have). Where've you been? I assumed busy with school. Missed you!
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 am

Meh, the discussion was interesting which shows that I do still have at least some amount of gamer in me. School has been out for a while now actually, I just honestly procrastinated checking back on the forums because I was caught up with Avatar when I should've been watching the animes in the anime club thread. I need to get on that.
Missed you toooooo.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 am

Dont feel bad angie i've been stuck one fairy tale ever since Omar linked me that site :3
On the side note of video games guess what i've been playing latley

:3

Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Pcitur10
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:34 pm

You ride a tiger? Things I've always wanted.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Mabinogi... good game. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 9:34 pm

I feel like I should actually try that game... I remember trying it for like a day and quitting, and I forget how I did it considering my computer cant run it for shit.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Your PC can't run it? o-o Is it a toaster? D:
That thing isn't really what I'd call spec intesive...
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 am

I found it to be really confusing. I played it for about a week and then gave up because I was going nowhere!
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:21 am

It happens Hel. Razz

Mabi haves a humongus ammount of stuff you can do it's overwhelming. But if you know what you want to do, for example raiding a dungeon for some loot/mission/money, and get your friends into that it NEVER gets boring and keeps it interesting since you keep leveling up, gaining skills and actual skill in combat that just lets you do even more stuff.

BUT ANYWAY. I'm playing Diablo III atm. :3
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Yeah my computer couldn't run it very well either (its not a toaster). I know its not the most graphic intensive game, but it cant be run smoothly on just any computer like maplestory can (or could, since it fucks up all the time now)
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:34 pm

I am here to confirm that my computer is, in fact, a toaster
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Someone should join me :3
Im sorta doing everything alone and its booooriiing D:
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:17 pm

How can you be bored when you're riding around on a tiger all day? Realistically... come on.

Enjoying the mental image of Kevin writing to us with a toaster.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Flyingtoasters
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm

I might join you larz, just wait for this monday. Razz
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I laughed at the computer toaster.

MABINOGI HAS TIGERS NOW?!? Dammit! I wanted a white one so bad when I played, just so I could name it Jup Jup. But noo, I had to be impatient and get a horse and a bear. I liked mabinogi for a while, but like Helen, it was a bit confusing. It was a fun game though but my computer wouldn't be able to handle it now.

It's impossible to create a perfect game when half of the community, the veterans, want constant new things to do because they complain about the game being boring. Then the other half, the newbies, complain because the new things that are added are overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:31 am

As a veteran of MS I hate it when they add new stuff. It's always overwhelming for me. I don't even understand how to get good gear anymore. And every time there's an event you have to accept like 10 quests to participate. I hate it.

I like boring. I was content spending 90% of my time on MS talking to you guys, and the other 10% doing APQ.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 8:04 pm

Speaking of witch, Maple apparently just added yet another new class. It's called renegade and has something to do with space weaponry and this chick from another planet. Youtube comment were saying all it basically was was a combination of mercedes and cannoneer. Bleh.

I didn't like the changes really either. I especially despised all of the little things they did like map or NPC changes. Who remembers Duey? And nothing is really the same as it used to be. Adding stuff is one thing but you don't really need to fix what wasn't broken unless it was just that cluttered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derp Video Game Stuff...   Derp Video Game Stuff... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derp Video Game Stuff...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next