Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links

Go down 
+7
Kevintasta
GraffleFraff
blaze7734
Zielo
Jando
Alek
Shen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

The forum has been dead lately, i dont know why, maybe we are all getting bored of it. So to liven it up, post any link that you want in this forum that you think will be entertaining. (this includes videos, dont post anything inappropriate though) Also DONT POST MORE THAN 3 LINKS PER POST. I have an exception though in this first post, because its the first post.

http://www.geekstir.com/what-kind-of-gamer-are-you

http://www.maniacworld.com/pencil-version-of-misirlou.html (i always get freaked out at the end, so be ready for that)

http://www.disinfo.com/2010/01/scientists-say-dolphins-should-be-considered-persons/ (this one is creepy, but interesting)

http://www.picshag.com/why-men-shouldnt-write-advice-columns.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com

AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:59 am

I just saw that Adrian joined this group on facebook... "You know your Australian when...", so I had to look at it. I had to laugh at some of it

1. You know that “stubbies” are either short shorts or small beer bottles, a “gimp”, “bogan” or “geezer” is a random idiot, someone in trouble is in “strife” and you’re liable to burst out laughing whenever you hear of Americans “rooting” for something.
Why do you guys laugh at us rooting for something =|

2. You know that Burger King doesn’t exist. It’s Hungry Jacks.
Lol, hungry jacks sounds like some old highway diner

3. You know that snow is a memorable and freakish occurrence. Sometimes it’s even fake.
Same goes for Louisiana.

4. You know the difference between thongs and a G-string.
I dont even know what a G-string is

5. You’re familiar with Neighbours, Home and Away, Playschool, A Country Practice, Norman Gunston, Barry Humphries, Blue Heelers, Ray Martin, Bert Newton, Lisa McCune, Jon Burgess, Number 96, Molly Meldrum, Kerry O’Brien, and of course, Kerry Packer and Rupert Murdoch.
....what

4. You know how to abbreviate every word, all of which usually end in -o: arvo, combo, garbo, kero, lezzo, metho, milko, muso, rego, servo, smoko, speedo, righto etc.
Ive heard combo, lezzo, and righto

5. You know that some ppl pronounce Australia like “Strayla” and that’s ok.
I usually just say Aussie. But now I dont think I will be saying that anymore.

6. You know that there is a universal place called “woop woop” located in the middle of nowhere… no matter where you actually are.
Whaa

7. You know that while we call our friends ‘mates’, we don’t use terms like ’sheila’ and ’shrimp on the barbie’, contrary to popular belief.
Kish uses mate all the time. Dont know who sheila is, and i knew about the shrimp on the barbie thing

8. You know that none of us actually drink Fosters beer, because it tastes like shit. But we let the world think we do. Because we can.
You know that none of us actually think Australians drink Fosters beer, because Aussies are silly. But we let them think that we do. Because we can.

9. You’ve seen Gallipoli, Crocodile Dundee, Young Einstein, Muriel’s Wedding, The Castle, Beneath Clouds, Strictly Ballroom, 40,000 Horsemen, and maybe even WolfCreek.
Ive only even heard of one of those movies

10. It makes you happy when someone in Hollywood is actually Australian… Mel Gibson, Nicole Kidman, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, Baz Luhrman, Elle MacPherson, Olivia Newton-John, Midnight Oil, ACDC, INXS, Greg Norman, Cathy Freeman, Dawn Fraser, Pat Rafter, Ian Thorpe…
Ive heard of like... two of those.. but I never pay attention to actors anyway. probably just me.

11. One word: Skippy.
!??!!

12. You know that Sydney 2000 was one of our proudest moments in history. We just fucking rock.
Just going to ask; what happened in 2000

13. You know that you are not going to die of cholera or other Third World diseases (remote Aboriginal communities are a different matter)
This statement is irrelevant to my interests

14. You know our country has never been conquered by a foreign nation (you don’t count 1788).
10 points for aussieland

15. We know that the Metric system will always be better than anything inches, feet, pounds and fahrenheit will ever offer.
PSHH, you wish

16. You drive on the left-hand side of the road.
Ok. that is pretty cool.

17. If you’re a pedestrian and cars are stopped at a red light, you will fearlessly cross the street in front of them. ‘Hit and runs’ just aren’t cricket. Because Aussies stick together.
...."just aren't cricket"

18. You know that New Zealanders are basically our naive country cousins, who have a weird fush-and-chups accent and, for some bizare reason, think that they invented pavlova. They are to be pitied. They have no hope of gaining the upper hand in the endless sporting rivalry between our two nations.
Interestingggggg

19. You know that you can’t eat Fantales alone… Otherwise who will you play the ‘Who am I…’ game with when you’re reading the wrapper?
I dont even know what a Fantale is

20. You know that Sydney should be the capital, because Canberra is a hole.
Well, Sydney is more known, in my opinion.

21. You know that Americans think we’re all Steve Irwin clones. And crickey, they couldn’t be more wrong.
Lol, i've never even heard that one before. Silly aussies.

22. You know that lawyers wear wigs and gowns. And we make it look good.
...I see

23. You have some time in your life slept with Aeroguard on in the summer. Maybe even as perfume.
Lost

24. You feel obliged to spread salty black stuff that looks like congealed motor oil on bread… and actually grow to like it. You’ve also squeeze Vegemite through Vita Wheats to make little Vegemite worms.
Ive always wanted to try that stuff...

25. You believe that democracy means the freedom to draw caricatures of good ol’ Johnny Howard.
No idea who that is or what that means

26. You have the ability to compress several words into one - ie ‘g’day’ and ‘d’reckn?’. This allows more space for profanities.
I like to say g'day Very Happy

27. You’ve ever used the words - tops, ripper, sick, mad, rad, sweet - to mean good. And then you place ‘bloody’ in front of it when you REALLY mean it.
HA Kish totally does that. He uses sick, sweet, and bloody all the time

28. You know that the barbeque is a political arena; the person holding the tongs is always the boss and usually a man. And the women make the salad.
I suppose this is where "shrimp on the barbie" originated.....

29. You say ‘no worries’ quite often, whether you realise it or not.
I think Ive heard kish, jando, and adrian say that at least once

30. You know what fairy bread tastes like, and you can’t imagine your childhood without it.
Never heard of it

31. You know the first verse to the national anthem, but still don’t know what “girt” means. And you’re ok with that.
IRRELEVANT

32. You’ve drank your tea/coffee/milo through a Tim Tam.
A.....what.....

33. You know that backyard cricket is a nice way to bond with family and the rubbish bin. And the ‘one bounce, one hand’ rule always applies.
WHAT IS UP WITH YOU GUYS AND CRICKETS

34. You know that we are home to the just about all of the world’s deadliest of animals. That’s why if anybody messes with us we’ll get some funnel webs on their asses.
I thought south america had it worse. I dont remember which was first when it came to most deadliest animals

35. You see people walking bare-foot on the sidewalk and don’t scorn…. because you’re doing it too.
That would hurt me D:

36. You know that in summer a seat belt buckle becomes a pretty good branding iron.
We get that in Louisiana too... or pretty much wherever the car is left out in the sun for a while

36. You know what trop-fest is and it makes you happy.
No idea

37. Sausage rolls and meat pies. End of story.
...those are pretty good

38. You firmly believe that in the end, everything will be ok and have offered advice that included the words, “she’ll be right, mate”.

39. You have a story that somehow involves an excessive consumption of booze… but you can’t remember.
AHHHHH how many times has Kish done this....

40. You own a Bond’s chesty. In several different colours.
What in the world is that.

41. You’ve ordered a steak the size as your head and only paid $5 at your local RSL.
Dayum.

42. You know that Italy should never have been granted that fateful kick in the 2006 Soccer World Cup.
Irrelevanceeeee

43. You know how to slip, slop, slap like it’s nobody’s business.
?!

44. You’ve heard the Prime Minister dismiss anyone who disagrees with him simply as ‘un-Australian’, and that’s enough to make us sit down and shut up.
Hah, when our president would say something like being un-american, a lot of us wouldnt care. Most of us take being a free country for granted

45. You know that the value of a public holiday is measured in terms of alchohol. God bless the queen and her 4-day birthday.
Again, hah, Kish.

46. You refer to someone you like as “a total bastard”, but call someone you don’t like “a bit of a bastard”.
I think ive heard one of you guys say this

47. You know there’s no lbw in backyard cricket, and over the fence is out.
Again with the crickets

48. You know Drop Bears exist. Positively.
A wha

49. You know you that roo meat tastes pretty good, but not as good as barra. Or a meat pie.
Wait, you EAT kangaroos?

50.You know Australia IS the best bloody place on earth. Bar none.
Cant argue. Always wanted to go there
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:32 am

You always associate me with drinking...
I DON'T EVEN DRINK THAT MUCH D;
At least that's what mum thinks..

And snow for us is like cum out of a mountain; pure, rich and fertile.

And yes, after riding them to and fro from school everyday, we get hungry o-o

Things To Do in Public Rest Rooms
~Stick your open palm under the stall wall and ask your neighbor, "May I borrow a highlighter?"

~Say, "Uh Oh, I knew I shouldn't have put my lips on that"

~Cheer and clap loudly every time somebody breaks the silence with a bodily function noise....

~Say. "Damn, this water's cold."

~Drop a marble and say, "Oh Shit! My Glass Eye!"

~Say, "Hmmmm, I've never seen that color before."

~Grunt and strain real loud for 30 seconds and then drop a cantaloupe into the toilet bowl from a height of 6 feet. Sigh Relaxingly.

~Say, "Now how did that get there?"

~Say, "Humus. Reminds me of humus."

~Fill up a squirt bottle with mountain Dew. Squirt it erractically under the stall walls of your neightbors while yelling...."Whoa! Easy Boy!"

~Say, "Interesting....more floaters than sinkers."

~Using a small squeeze tube, spread peanut butter on a wad of toilet paper and drop the wad under the stall wall of your neighbor. Then say, "Whoops, could you kick that back over here please?"

~Say, "C'mon Mr. Happy! Don't Fall asleep on me."

~Fill a balloon with creamed corn. Rush into the stall with your hand over your mouth and let out a lengthy vomit impression while you squeeze the balloon and splatter cream corn all about. Apologize profusely and blame it on the fettuccine alfredo you had for breakfast.

~Say, "Boy, that sure looks like a maggot."

~Say, "Damn, I knew that drain hole was a little too small. Now what am I gonna do?"

~Play a well known drum cadence over and over again on your butt cheeks.

~Before you unroll toilet paper, conspicuously lay down you "Cross-Dressers Anonymous" newsletter on the floor visible to the adjacent stall

~Lower a small mirror underneath the stall wall, adjust it so you can see your neighbor and say. "Peek-a-boo!"

~Drop a D-Cup Bra on the floor under that stall wall and sing "Born Free"

http://www.owensworld.com/videos/watch-474.htm
http://www.owensworld.com/videos/watch-160.htm
http://www.owensworld.com/videos/watch-251.htm
http://www.owensworld.com/videos/watch-1.htm
http://www.owensworld.com/videos/watch-51.htm

If at all you see the preying mantis vs mouse on the side... Don't watch it. It's very bloody.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 5:06 am

LOL. Cricket = sport Angie, and Australia has the best team.

Summer = Cricket

Winter = Football (Aussie rules or AFL)
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:06 pm

o-o
-brain explodes-
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

TOO MUX INFOOOO! O_O
-does wat Larz's Head did-
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 pm

ahahaha lol at the hamster, i love that horse, rofl bird, and ive seen that petstar bird before, i used to love watching that show when i had cable.. ):
i wanna find the mantis vs mouse >=D
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

lol, i saw the praying mantis one. i could have told you the mantis would have won without you having to see that bloody battle lol
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 am

Oh I knew it would win, I was just a little bit freaked out with how you can see the mouse's brains and such

plus your avatar isn't working
Stop using photobucket, it never works on forums <_<
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 6:09 am

I hate photobucket. Imageshack ftw.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:36 am

photobucket used to work perfectly fine before they changed it to where if someone hadn't been on in a while they were considered inactive...
and i dont like imageshack because it hardly has any selection compared to photobucket
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:21 am

lol. its working now
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 pm

A couple of awesome punches

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Fight-cat-dog

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Outfielder_punched

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Snooki
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:00 am

Falcon punch?
o_o
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:01 am

Zielo wrote:
photobucket used to work perfectly fine before they changed it to where if someone hadn't been on in a while they were considered inactive...
and i dont like imageshack because it hardly has any selection compared to photobucket

"Keyboard cat"
lols X3
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:53 am

is it working for you guys now?
i still dont see it, im just going to leave it until im not lazy enough to go find a new one.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:18 am

Lol, is that last one Jersey Shore?
I don't see it Angie.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 10:59 pm

NOW U CAN HELEN! O:<
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Reviving the post =D
Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 17165_10
Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 18165_11
Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 18165_12
Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 18165_13
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 4:49 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! GG KISH! X3
I bursted out laughing at the Harry Potter one and the Dr. House 1 x3
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Lol nice
I didnt get the last one though
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Here are some more random links:

Angie you might find this interesting: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1256577/One-rare-bird-Black-penguin-suffers-zillion-mutation.html

This is really relaxing: http://www.amazing-planet.com/en/home

This video is kind of old: http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

MARIO: http://blogs.ocweekly.com/heardmentality/video-games---humor/ten-things-you-do-not-know-about-super-mario-bros/index.php

And finally to end it, another cat. Its funny how the advertisement around the video is so different from the actual video: http://www.kontraband.com/videos/21726/Static-Cat-vs-Balloon/
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Ooo I did like that penguin thing.. you know me so well Omar <3
That nature thing was pwetty
That guy in the video must be filthy rich to be able to travel to all of those places. I envy him. My grandmother has actually been to all or most of those places I think, she goes somewhere new like every month.
That mario thing was interesting
And I loved that kitty video. If I ever get another kitty one day, I am so trying that
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Lol I thought this was made pretty good

Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links   Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liven up the forums ~ Post your favorite links
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next