Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:51 pm

That sounds like a pretty creepy title. Anyways, we talked about ways of recruiting and things we need to remember to look for. If you forgot:

-We need to engage them in what they are doing. I already know from personal experience that you can feel really left out of the guild if there is only a group of people that really knows eachother and you dont know anyone else and they stick with themselves. That is pretty much exactly what we are. The website folk are that one group, and everyone else is everyone else. So we need to include the people with us.

-We need to do events that should show our activness and fun-ness and willingness to do things

-We need to possibly reconstruct the level requirements of both guilds, though we could run into a lot of problems with that.

-We need to make sure they have at least seen the website first, i dont think they will leave without joining the forums, if i can say so

Now Id like to formally plan some of this stuff out before the weekend. Off the top of my head, I can just think of guild race, and "guild party". The problem with these kind of events is that it has to involve the entire guild, and it needs to be public so people can see and possibly join in, otherwise there is no point. With the guild race, it would be hard getting people and getting them to stay. So if we have a little party, in a public area in a crowded place, and just hang out and talk and do some stuff together, people would see it and possibly join. Its kind of hard to think of this stuff. If we did get enough people we could go from the party to the race or something like that. If you have better suggestions please tell me, but for now ill just set aside a time for a "Guild Party".

Who: Pythagoras
What: Guild Party - Hang out, play games, talk, be social, discuss politics and flavors of yogurt, recruit
Where: Hennesys Channel 1 (channel 1 for now) - infront of park
When: Friday, October 9th, 11PM EST (8PM PST, 10PM Angie, 1PM AEST)

Hope you can make it, and if you think of a better plan, please let me know. Also an MMV might be a possiblity, im getting pretty good at managing them and editing so if we get enough people and want to do it, it should not take that long to set up or require planning. So that might be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:29 am

Easiest thing to do? When someone joins and they're in orbis or something, everyone just stalk them and hang out with them. Getting to know them.
That's how I rolled with my guild, before I got like 20 people on my BL then getting bored and kicking everyone D:
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm

with oblivious2..? no offence but.. that guild didnt turn out very well :/
you got bored after like a week, and everyone was unactive at the time
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah ill be long asleep by 11PM Omar >_o
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 2:20 am

EDIT: Sorry I was in a bad mood :O

Last edited by Ragafa on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:57 am

yeah.... it didnt work that well. so i dont know what we are going to do now....
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:17 pm

the main problem is that we dont have enough people that participate in these kinds of events to help with recruiting in the first place... the only ones that were on for the recruitment party were me, shen, and helen.
if we want to get somewhere, you guys are going to have to listen and actually come on for events, or atleast give us a heads up that you cant do it. informal is dying because you dont come on anymore.. me, shen, and helen are really the only ones that ever get on regularly now.

were going to have to find a new way to do this that doesnt require the help of other members.. because obviously they wont come on for events anyway.
we might just have to roll with it and meet people and make friends ourselves, meaning well be spending a lot of time on henesys being henyhoars. not necessarily henny, but anywhere. if you see someone asking for help on a quest, help them and befriend them, and even talk and get to know them. dont ask them if they want to join the guild too quickly otherwise thell know you only want them for the guild, and youll scare them off.
atleast that way, well get to know the people more, and we can pick and choose more easily. its as simple as that, no real need to go all out for a recruitment party and collect a whole bunch of people at once, well just have to work our way up slowly.
me and helen tried this yesterday. only, i think we went too quick on asking the guy if he wanted to join, because later on we realized his english wasnt all that good and he left after we invited, so we didnt get to know him that much yet.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 pm

That is true. We cant get anywhere unless the members we have, or thought we had, actually show up.... I will try to get smegas, but if things dont start shaping up, i dont know what I am going to do. You guys have sort of made me relient on your participation because before you all came to everything and everyone was there. Now nobody is getting on, and it just feels weird.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:35 pm

Some people may have excuses that i could understand, such as jando having work or kish doing some band thing, but the least you can do is tell us when you have those things so we could plan ahead. weve planned this for a week now, that should be enough time for everyone to see the message and let us know.
we also havnt been doing our gpqs like we used to.. i have a feeling no one is going to be on for todays, either. (i might not be on, i have a homecoming thing that im not sure if im going to or not, so dont expect me. and just for the record, i mentioned that a week in advance)

so, im not sure if rounding a bunch of people all at once is the best idea anymore. like i said, we should start slow and make more friends first, and then we should start using smegas and doing more at once so we can build up the guild again and make up for the people that dont get on as much anymore. we need new active and trusted members, such as the original oblivians and alek and helen.. we cant survive off just us, as some are already fading away or quiting (ragz, kish, larz etc)
the problem is, as you probly already realized, theres only about one person that stays and becomes trusted out of 50 people that join the guild, if even that much.
we can try getting people from our bl to join, thats always a good way to get nice people you like. when im eventually done with azeill, ill go on zielo more and get some 50+'s by pqing and randomly meeting people at training spots. i suggest everyone does the same, its the best way to get to know someone.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 4:16 pm

I agree that its just going to have to happen slowly if there aren't more people there. I'll make more of an effort to meet new people. Doesn't mean you have to hang around in Hen, really just means if you have to take the train to NLC or something, take it on ch 1, and say hi to the people you see there.

Angie don't forget we need to become besties with LarryNL!
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:41 pm

o_o why LarryNL?
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:00 pm

hes aggravating, but the guys got power.. and sme gas.
me and helen came up with this plan a while back ago.
we befriend or get seen with larryNL, and we might possibly get a chance to smega about our guild and a little fame. half of bera is on his side, so something is bound to happen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme   Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Part 1 of Guild Recruitment Scheme
Page 1 of 1