Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

This thread was a bad idea

Go down 
+2
Zielo
Jando
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should I?
1)
This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot1050%This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot12
 50% [ 1 ]
2)
This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot1050%This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot12
 50% [ 1 ]
3)
This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot100%This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Nfpvot12
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:55 am

First topic message reminder :

-taken off-

Last edited by Jandor on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am

Annndd i was never part of any of it. '3'
Honestly though i put off the notion of these arguments as not being anything but childish back then, probably reflecting back on it now i have degree of almost disturbing obliviousness. :S
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 am

I'm just saying, you guys had a lot more drama before I joined. I had no idea you guys fought so much before today.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 am

Most of our problems revolved around Jando, go figure. Jando wasn't here all that much after you came, the worst was when he was a regular on the forums/guild. But even besides Jando, we were still a bunch of tween/teens with periods.

I remember Owen being a huge problem back in the day. And then there was the whole Alex (Bot) drama. Jando was the worst. I also remember people posting about too many private-life issues on the forums when everyone just wanted to come on to forget about life and have fun with the game (Jando was the biggest contributor to this, but I remember being guilty as well)
Honestly though, none of our drama that I remember really came from the people that still go on today. We just had our own way of dealing with the problem-people.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:36 am

It wasn't THAT many fights, i'd say there were less than 5 big ones, and i don't remember any of them other than the Jando fight. I also remember something about him throwing a cat over a fence....
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:40 am

Oooh, that rings a bell. I remember his cat had kittens behind a desk or something and it had something to do with that... I saw that thread too but I didn't feel like bringing it back up because it wasn't important enough.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 am

Shen wrote:
It wasn't THAT many fights, i'd say there were less than 5 big ones, and i don't remember any of them other than the Jando fight. I also remember something about him throwing a cat over a fence....

I was just reading through that thread and found that post! It's here:

https://informal.darkbb.com/t824p90-jando-vs-angie-the-10m-bet

Yeah, I guess that's it. I was there for Jando, but Owen and Alex stuff is before my time. I don't even know who Owen is.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:39 am

Thank you, I enjoyed reading that again. I lol'd at this one post by Omar:

"And i started laughing when i realized you were being serious about how you were grounded. That has to be the greatest thing ever. "I threw a cat over a fence because it was pooping on the floor". i <3 jando"

Yeah Jando had some serious anger issues, I can't believe I forgot about that. One tiny thing and he would flip his shit. I felt bad about that poor cat.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 am

Did you win by the way? It doesn't say in the thread and I don't remember. Did he/you actually pay up?
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:50 pm

I reaalllly don't remember... damn. There might even be another thread around that has to do with the bet, I think I saw more than one. We may have restarted, im not sure.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 am

I actually still see him on league of legends occasionally, never really acknowledges me though.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:38 pm

You should tell him that he still owes Angie 10m, and Kish 5. I'd like to see this debt paid.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 pm

I wonder what ever happened to him and maple. Did they break up finally?

I remember a point when maple was the only thing Jando ever cared about and we all thought he was crazy, and then he switched to mabinogi and I think he said he restarted on maple again. It doesn't surprise me that hes on League now. I really dislike that game. The concept is too hard and its way too strategy based for me and I just suck at it so much, more than a noob should.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 pm

I think he officially quit. He was playing on a private server for awhile, but eventually it wasn't doing it for him and he gave up on it all together.

I've never played it. The only thing that puts me off about it is that it doesn't seem very social. That's the reason I couldn't get into minecraft too. If I'm going to invest a lot of time in a game like that, I need to have friends to talk to. Also, I'm 90% sure my computer could not handle it.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 5:15 am

League is... yeah, not very social when you don't have RL friends to play with. When you do though, it can be pretty fun. People in my town do tournaments and everything. But when you're in game, theres really no time for chit chat. Its all about going out there and getting your shit done with as little time wasted as possible, which is why most people try to use a headset and mic to communicate in things like tourneys and big events.

Minecraft however can be pretty social when you use the paid version and find a nice server to join. Its funny you mention that actually. This year in school I decided to take a computer graphics class again, and I don't think there is literally a single person in that room who doesn't play minecraft on their free time. Like the teacher had to ban it, and then someone bought her a minecraft mug, and she let it slide again. Our whole class has one big server.
But even with no RL people to play with, people normally enjoy building whatever with you.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

I tried League of Legends before, but it like Angie said, it seems way too strategy-based and serious for me. There isn't really a lot of time for talking and if you mess up, the whole team will probably rage at you. I agree that with friends it'd probably be fun, but Minecraft definitely seems like a more relaxing choice in my opinion. It's cool that you have a class server for it. My robotics team also has something like that though I don't think they play as much these days
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 pm

Oh, maybe that's why my minecraft experience was really lonely. Maybe I'll try it again over a break or something.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh we actually have a private server but its running a modded version of the game.
If you download a launcher for it it'll install the mods for you though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This thread was a bad idea   This thread was a bad idea - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This thread was a bad idea
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2