Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

FERRETS!~@@#$

Go down 
+2
blaze7734
Zielo
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

after the last 14 years of my life, i have finally found a way to make money. LAWN SERVICEEEE~!@ -took me 3 hours to get the lawnmower started-
well, that was mostly because i forgot to press the gass button... x_x
ANYWAY
mowing the lawn isnt really that hard, so i figured i can make some money off of it since i just learned how to do it, my dad already payed me $15 to do ours, so i might go around and ask if people want their lawns done to make some money
...and im finally beginning to save up for something ive wanted since i was 7... A FERRET X3
they cost like, $100 alone, and thats not including the $60-$70 cage, the bed, food, leash, and other ferrity appliances, but if i keep going at it, im sure i can make enough eventually~
and now for some random ferret pics

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Fhc

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Ferret

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 L_d06313a4e68e42c3849793738bd436d7

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 L_61dd5091ce474cefad48a78e2292ec89

FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Ferret
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:01 pm

its gonna be a few months till i actually get one, and were getting the house redone wich means we have to move out for a few weeks... possibly month, and live in a temporary house. their gonna replace the carpeting, possibly celing, painting, walls, check for bugs, mold, and all that sorta stuff. im not sure if ill be able to get a ferret before that happens or after, we dont know when their gonna do that exactly
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:53 pm

OMFG WHOA THATS HEAVY!!! hopefully you will still have access to a computer (=-p)
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:32 am

i think i will, but it will be very crappy internet. same with cable, but then again thats already pretty crappy lol
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:20 am

hey look on the bright side. you still got internet xD msn + forums YAY
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 5:38 pm

not so sure about msn, im not exactly sure how good the internet is and if me and dad are both gonna have to share the comp. if thats whats gonna happen, then im barely gonna be on at all x_x
but i know ill still have the forums, atleast
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 am

im xDing and Dxing at at the same time
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 4:36 am

lol thatsa failwin
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 7:16 am

Jando has successfully gotten a failwin
Back to top Go down
RagnarZ
Soggy Cookie
Soggy Cookie
RagnarZ

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:39 am

I tried lawnmowing once. such a failure ( i couldnt really move it cause i am so weak, my arms are literly just bones )
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:57 am

o,o eat something then or grow some muscle by pumping some wieghts o,o
Back to top Go down
RagnarZ
Soggy Cookie
Soggy Cookie
RagnarZ

Number of posts : 476
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Naaaah too lazy. I DO EAT THOUGh.. i eat rice and meat..alot of meat. But i dont even know where the meat i eat goes...
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:19 am

o.o hmm...umm eat eggs or drink them XD there a great way to get some muscle
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:44 am

Quote :
Ferret: 99.99
Cage: 119.99 (funny how the cage is more expensive than the animal that goes in it)
Food: 8.99
Ferrets for Dummies: 19.99 (its the ferret bible)
Harness: 12.99
Ear Cleaner: 7.99
Litter Pan: 5.99
Treats: 3.49
Tunnel: 14.99
Ferret Shirt: 7.99 (not required)
Ferret Shampoo: 7.99 (not required right away, only need a bath monthly)
Referee shirt harness: 12.99 (cute, but not required)
Collar: 3.99 (not required)
Toys: 1.99 (not required right away)

1. you need the ferret
2. lol at overpriced cage (cant you find a smaller, less AMAZING AND WONDEROUS cage?)
3. food totally understandable
4. Eh? a book? blegh, just borrow it from the library...
5. LOL HARNESS, that sounds a bit dominatrix X_X
6. no idea what the ear cleaner is for, but bleh, it sounds important
7. litter pan; cant you use a plastic box?
8. treats arent needed at ALL, its actually really unhealthy as HEALTHY AND GOOD FOR THEM it sounds and looks on TV
9. ....A tunnel...?
10. Dressing it up? disgusting... It's gonna hate you for that
11. Good plan not buying it straight away, but something might happen early in the month, and you have to wash it earlier.
12. again, clothes will make it HATE you
13. collar is a pretty required material LOL
14. what do you mean not required straight away? its something you should get BEFORE getting the ferret.

Hope that helped you saving money so you can get it earlier
animals dont need or want clothes, do NOT get any.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:10 am

1. ferrets the last thing im getting after everything else
2. if i got a smaller cage it deffinately wouldnt be happy... plus im planning on getting 2 ferrets eventually so thell need alot of room. the 'less amazing' cage wasnt even that much different of price anyway
3. well duh i need food or else the poor thing will only last a few days xD
4. basically everyone that has the ferret has that book, it tells you symptoms of diseases, hot to leash train, a good diet, how to ferret proof your house, and tons of other stuff that i wouldnt be able to remember by picking out a crappy small book from the library
5. dominatrix? -no idea what that means- well, literally all pet ferrets need to have a harness if you want to get anywere. their easy to leash train and such, i see people walk their ferrets in the store all the time and its good excersize for them
6. i dont think i actually need an ear cleaner anymore, jsut a normal Q-tip works the same. i might need the ear cleaner though if theres a problem cleaning out its ears. ferrets have open ears so their ears get really dirty and you have to clean them out once a week (same with clipping nails) or else they can have an ear infection and possibly go deaf
7. i could... but the one i was getting had a hanger so you could hang it on the top corner so its out of the way of everything, while a box would probly be the wrong size and would be in the way
8. treats are used for training only, especially when your training them to come out from hiding places when you cant find it and its good for potty training.so yeah, its pretty necessary. i just want to be really prepared for this unlike last time... x_x
9. tunnels are just something to put in the ferrets play-time area... they love tunneling and getting into things
10. the suit isnt just a suit, its a harness and leash thing. and ferrets are the one pet that actually dont mind you dressing it up anyway, they see it as a game will continue to play. again, see people walking their ferrets in suit-harnesses all the time. and i wouldnt use it that often, only on special occasions like halloween or other hallidays xD
11. i dont think anything will happen unless i take it outside and throw it in the mud x.X im not gonna take it outside that often though anyway, especially in the first month
12. (see 10)
13. collars arnt required at all, the harness is more required. the only time a collar is required is when your going on vacation of somewhere big with the ferret and if gets lost, youll need identification
14. when i mean their not required straight away, i mean that i dont need to get them yet because the old cat toys i have left over (sadface) from taco, will work exactly the same. ferret toys and cat toys are no different. ill get more ferret toys later on, though. just read the other posts x_x

so yeah, thats everything o.o
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 am

YAY FOR YAHOO ANSWERS~~~~

Question:
Is getting a special ferret ear cleaner necessary, or would just a plain normal Q-tip work perfectly fine?

Answer#1:
Unless the ferret has ear mites (in which case a solution from the vet is needed), you do not need a special ear cleaner for ferrets.

A plain Q-tip is... debatable. Just like with humans, foreign objects should never enter the ear canal, and pushing a Q-tip into a squirming fuzzie's ear would be a problem.

I recommend using a cotton ball. If the ear is too dirty to clean superficially, a vet should be consulted. That being said, in a pinch, I have used Q-tips in the same manner as the cotton ball without any problems. It is just easier for problems to arise with Q-tips.
16 minutes ago

Answer#2:
While you can certainly use a normal Q-tip (dry or slightly dampened with water) I've found that getting the ferret ear cleaner is helpful. Often the special ear formula has vitamins etc that help prevent things like ear mites (which is helpful especially if you have multiple ferrets) and also helps keep their ears clean and healthy. I've had 5 ferrets and I used both just water and ear cleaner (I used the "Marshall Pet Ferret Ear Cleaner" which runs about $7) but if their ears are really gross and you don't have access to any ear cleaner, a regular q-tip works as well! Good luck!
Source(s):
Personal experience.
11 minutes ago

hmm... so cant decide... i probly wont need it very soon in the early stages of having a ferret, but it COULD be good to have it just in case.... meh, i think i can just use cotton balls. ill get the ear cleaner at the same time im geting the shampoo
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm

IT WILL KNAW OFF YOUR EYEBROWS X__X
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:34 pm

not if you use TREATS to train it right x.x -glare at kish-
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:26 pm

OMFG teach it to roll over <3 xD
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:36 pm

actually, i will o.o it will take a bit of practice but i dont see why not
and yes its possible. see?:

notice how the owner is using treats to reward and train the ferret. TREATS. TREATSSSSSSSSSSS -evil death glare-
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 pm

O.O that was awesome....

hmm....how about along with those tricks teach on how to do a BACKFLIP!!!
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:16 am

ok that one might be a bit hard, most dogs cant even do that x.x
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:32 am

ah its not really, just teach you dog sit and jump and the tell it then to sit then tell it you jump and bam it will do a backflip.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 am

jando, thats only on nintendogs x_x
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:59 am

oh....A person can dream....A person can dream
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:59 am

paid for lawnmowing
+$20 =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FERRETS!~@@#$   FERRETS!~@@#$ - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FERRETS!~@@#$
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Formalities  :: Miscellaneous :: Sandbox-
Jump to: