Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Music

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Music Empty
PostSubject: Music   Music Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:56 pm

What has everyone been listening to lately, my ipod is pretty much dead right now. I think i have honestly discovered every alternative band that i will ever like. The only thing keeping me going is hip-hop, which i doubt any of you like so i wont bother talking about it. WHAT ARE YOU GUYS LISTENING TO?

If anyone likes dubstep/electro music, i found this channel on youtube that uploads videos like 3 times a day and most of the songs are pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNetworkMusic
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:30 am

Good call on the hip-hop thing.

To this day, I'm still not as big on music as most people my age should be. I rarely listen to it on my computer, my iPod hasn't been updated since 09', and I still have all the same bands as I did in middle school. Honestly, in my entire life, the point where I listened to music the most would probably be training on Maple in the past.

I recently discovered though that I like bands that have piano... sorta like The Fray I guess. I also like Owl City and techo and semi techno-ish stuff. (ironically both bands have some religious stuff, but I really don't care)
Im not really picky with my music, so long as its not rap, hip-hop, or screaming into a microphone to where the words sound like a lion having sex with a rhinoceros. I suppose some of Dylan's music rubbed off on me too, like Tool and Nine Inch Nails.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 am

Hmmm piano? You might like Keane then, they use pianos almost as substitution for guitar, but they still use guitars. You might also like The Kooks, since everyone with vaginas likes them. I've always been really passionate about music, im constantly looking for new stuff and im at the point where i have to clean out itunes every 2 weeks so my ipod will fit all my music. Sometimes when i've been having a shitty day, music makes it all better <3
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:41 am

I haven't actively listened to music or researched it since I was about 16. Junior year kind of killed my passion. But before then my favorites were Dinosaur Jr, Sonic Youth, the Pixies, Slint, Mudhoney, Flaming Lips yada yada yada yada yada etc etc etc. I still listen to them, just only in my car, which is just background music for me so I'm not really listening. That and when friends are in my car I just put it on a pop radio station. I used to get ridiculed a lot in high school about my musical preferences, so even now that I'm not around people that would make me feel bad about it I'm still not very open about it. I feel like music is a social status thing to some people, and they use your taste to judge you before they even know you, so I usually avoid the subject.

Does good music even come out anymore?
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 am

Blah, Helen, I feel exactly the same. You have no idea. That's exactly what I think, that almost everyone in high school uses music as a social status and judge you for it. (COUGH Dylan)

I guess that could be why I never got all that much into it from the start. I was always such an easy target in elementary-middle, still am but not nearly as bad, so it was always easy for anyone to pick on me for things I liked that most people didn't. That doesn't only include music either.

Also, being the music know-it-all I am, I've obviously never heard of any of those bands that either of you posted. I'll definitely check out the ones you mentioned though Omar, MAYBE THERE'S STILL HOPE.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Meh, I'm a bit in the dark as Ange. But I mainly listen to Electronic, chiptunes, rock (general). I hate dubstep, it's just not my style, it feels as if my ears are being blown away with an over used sound effect that sounds fugly. Techno... I dunno @-@ don't like it that much, its like the pre-dubstep. Right now I'm inlove with Goldfish (THANKS KISHIE) it's really cool :3 it's like some kind of Electric-Jazz Very Happy Pretty good I tell yeh. If I'm not listening to that I'm listening to Anamanaguchi, which is a chiptune beast Very Happy And I'll throw a bit of Deadmau5 into that, I like some of his songs =P but yeah.... if you guys know of anything that might be worth listening to tell me plawkz Very Happy

@Helen: Yeah... there is no good music atm. (coughkathyperryisinvadinguscough) 80's FTW.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:29 pm

I LOVE KATY PERRY('s boobies)

On the topic of being judged about music, i don't ever judge people based on their music preference, and people never have really judged me. I guess it depends on where you live, Georgia is a really diverse state if you think about it, so maybe that's why its easier to accept others opinions.

Foster the People and Young the Giant are some new good bands.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:46 pm

I think it's not necessarily territorial, more the people that you're around. A lot of upper class white kids are pretentious hipster snobs that think they know best, and that their opinions are actually fact. I'm not saying all of them are, I'm saying the ones I was around were.

Because you know, that well dressed boy driving his daddy's Mercedes identifies SO MUCH with Neutral Milk Hotel. "Like I bet you didn't even know this but, Aeroplane Over the Sea was about Anne Frank. I read the Wikipedia, I know. You're not as deep as me. Jeff Mangum is my hero, he has really great hair. I'm going to see him in NY this October, paid ONLY one grand to go see that legend. What do you know about indie, you don't even wear thick framed glasses?! Clearly you're a poser. Oh these? Yeah they're not prescription, so what? I look awesome." Those kids... For the record, before someone calls me a hypocrite, I'm not judging them for what they listen to, just how they go about talking about it....

On the topic of hip hop, while I've only heard one song, I really like Tyler the Creator. And Foster the People's is great.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Alright, what the heck is this Tyler the Creator guy? I keep hearing him all over Facebook. What made him suddenly pop out of no where and get so fameous.

And Helen, THANK YOU. Its people exactly like that that made me feel like my music taste wasn't worthy. :/ Even worse so, those people don't just come as loners, they come in packs, so if one person downs your music, ALL of them do. They have people to back themselves up, and when you're young enough, you're pretty much defenseless.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 pm

I hate Tyler the Creator! "OFWGKTA" (that stands for odd future wolf gang kill them all, which is like their crew) is a joke. I hate that whole movement that hip-hop is taking with them and i hope to it ends with them too. A lot of my school likes Tyler, earl sweatshirt, the whole lot of freaks, but i think its terrible, it has no depth and its just like they think being weird and saying stupid shit makes you a good rapper. Thats my opinion, i know some people that love them and some people that hate them. Earl Sweatshirt got sent to a boarding school in Utah because his mom found out about the music they were making. Some of it is just sick, they are demonic or something. There is a video of him throwing up blood and like bleeding out of his nipples..

@Helen, i just got some thick framed glasses : (((((((((((((((((
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:58 pm

I don't care if you have thick-framed glasses, especially if they're prescription. I knew someone that used to wear them without lenses. I thought that was stupid.

And that's what everyone is saying about Tyler the Creator, but from my perspective I've always just tuned out meaning in hip-hop music since the vast majority has often been about having sex with and devaluing women. I just like the way it sounds. People kind of left the whole topic alone until he won that VMA, now everyone is extra angry about it. When have the VMAs ever got it right though...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah they are prescription, i got them last week actually this was the first week at school i wore them, the lady at lenscrafter was so persuasive she said i looked so stylish and they fit my face perfectly! They are Ray Bans too #swag

YES i am angry that he won the VMA, Big Sean should have won that. Finally Famous was the best hip-hop album this year next to watch the throne. But it was based on people texting the vote i think, not "the academy"
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:21 am

Bah, VMA. Never got myself into that junk. I hate almost all music videos, as I just personally believe it completely ruins someone's perception of the song. When I listen to music on youtube, I just completely tune out the video and go on another tab.

Well that explains why I know who none of these crackpots are.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 12:47 am

Yeah, fans vote in for it. You should've rushed the stage Omar, pulled a Kanye.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:08 am

Man. If that happened, I would so brag about that. Posts on my Facebook wall linking the video and everything. "OMG I KNOW THE GUY WHO THINKS HES KANYE THE 2ND"
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 am

I still refer to Omar as "my guild leader" whenever I tell people about him. And you all as my guild mates. I tried to stop, but then people ask "how do you know this person," and I have no other way of explaining my relationship with you guys to them.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Usually I refer to you guys as "friends from a different state/country", but sometimes I use the guild ranks too. I don't really feel the need to explain who you guys are or how I know you unless someone asks.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 11:53 pm

How do I ever come up in your conversations? Maybe its because you both are girls since girls talk about everything and have periods and what not. I think only kevin and clark are the only people who know you all exist, and thats because they played the game with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 am

To friend #1: "Omar is such a cool sexy beast with the vocal cords of a god, and looking at him is like seeing Jesus descend from the sky. Every step he takes is like the courageous stride of a lion, and you should be lucky to be in his legendary presence."

In all seriousness, I dunno, now that I think of it I guess I only really bring you guys up to someone who already plays maple/has played/or trying to get to play. That, or if one of your states/country comes up, Ill say I know someone there.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Actually i have brought you guys up. I remember one time telling my friend about how my "friend who lives in virginia" said to not take ap world history because you will hate life and i should have listened... And ive told people about how "my friend in louisiana" said you cant even wear hoodies and how our school is actually very lenient in reality. So i guess i just address you as friends without thinking about it. Im sure i'd make quite a few heads turn if i said MY FRIEND FROM THE MMORPG MAPLESTORY SAID:
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 12:15 am

I bring you guys up on a semi-regular basis actually. I'm not sure how it comes up in conversation, but it does.

For the record I do get a lot of strange looks referring to you as my guild mates/leader, but most of my friends are well aware of my MS days and aren't surprised when I bring you up. I had one friend ask for your names so he could just remember who I was talking about, and I didn't have to embarrass myself starting a convo with, "my guild leader loves that band too" or something.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm

I bet you were referring to Frankmusik, hes gonna be big one day!
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:07 pm

THAT'S IT! I met someone within the past month that's in love with him, and one of the first things I said was "my guild leader is into that guy." Ahahaha, yes! So weird...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:00 am

Wowwwwww, i said frankmusik as a joke. I CANT BELIEVE SOMEBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD LIKES FRANKMUSIK BESIDES ME AND FRANKMUSIK
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Ahahahaha that's what I said! But he's a huge fan, his tumblr/twitter names both end in musik for that reason!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Music
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next