Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

5 Favorite Anime

Go down 
+6
blaze7734
Zielo
Shen
Jando
GraffleFraff
Kevintasta
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, it's clear that a fair portion of the guild watches anime, so it's only fair that there be an anime thread for it. The title says it all. Hopefully, I can find some interesting anime this way as well (ulterior motive).

For the record, my favorite genres are supernatural, psychological, and comedy... so I'm not sure any of you would like these that much.

5. Gurren Lagann
-Tons of heart-ripping moments but still maintains a comedic mood, action is decent, "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"

4. XXXHolic
-Good blend of comedy and supernatural elements, awesome shop owner, ties in with the Tsubasa Chronicles series, opening and ending music are good

3. Bakemonogatari
-Interesting characters, interesting character interaction, unique supernatural elements, different kind of humor, several different opening musics and each is good, amazing ending music

2. Code Geass
-Best goddamn ending ever

1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
-Very well developed characters with several personality traits, amazing character interaction, several subplots that relate to the main plot well, matches mood to music incredibly well and does an excellent job of creating a mood, good at doing comedy or doing horror, two badass characters, several different themes, huge number of plot twists, an ongoing mystery where your theory changes drastically every arc until the ending, falls under the genres of psychological, supernatural, and comedy, "Nipa--*".

/end rant
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:32 pm

RON WEASLEY DIES!
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Shen wrote:
RON WEASLEY DIES!
May he rest in peace. Poor Hermione, what will she do?!
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Shen wrote:
RON WEASLEY DIES!

fuckyou.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:51 pm

Lol... oops. To be honest I thought you all didnt care about anime that much anymore and those of you that did already saw fma. At least thats what you made it sound like

Ragafa wrote:
I don't watch any, so I'm just going to list.

Digimon
Pokemon
... Beyblade.

So yeahhhh.... sorry about that anyway. But yeah, I didnt know there was a movie, so thats not the ending to it at all, so I didnt spoil anything. Honestly though anyone could have guessed he would get his body back, otherwise the story would have sucked and it would be pointless if nothing changed and they didnt get their goal. I already guessed that from the beginning of watching it and I still enjoyed it. There is a LOT more plot to the story than just getting Als body back
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:20 pm

.-. lol spoilers
Anyone heard of Fairy Tail?

Last edited by blaze7734 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:47 pm

See, this is why I read the MANGA. Half the time, the anime is filler. Need I remind you of what happened to the original Naruto on CN? Or maybe the future Bleach filler arcs that might come up. Either way, the manga is usually better because:

1. No fillers
2. Sticks to the original story. Most of the time when an anime series doesn't do well, the producers say: "Okay, pull the plug and finish the arc and series ASAP"
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 12:45 am

I'm adding School Days to my favorites. That was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 am

You guys are fags....
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 am

Don't go against an admin.

Last edited by Ragafa on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:18 am

...uncalled for.

And I wouldnt say the FMA anime even had any fillers. Even the mining town episode had something to it. And the few fillers it may have had, possibly two or three, were to lighten the mood a little after an epic moment in the plot (like that one episode where it was about looking for the ghosty lab 13 thing/trying to get the dude a girlfriend)
The small amount of fillers are usually funny and still entertaining to watch
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:19 am

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

CURSE THIS CRUEL WORLD!!!!!!!! So the stupid noob guys at Crunchyroll decided to take on board bleach, so now Dattobayo, where over 200,000 people get there bleach fix for the week has stopped releasing them. FIRST NARUTO AND NOW BLEACH! I'm forced to stream them now T-T CURSE YOU CR!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:06 am

I either missed this post for like 3 days or all of you commented a page and a half in one day...

Anyways...

I was really disappointed in FMA's ending. I'm trying not to spoil anything but I felt like what they did was kind of oddly placed, like if you watched the first few episodes of the series and then the movie you would think it was a different series (or a spinoff or something). That's why I think I'll like brotherhood more.

Also, yes I've heard of Fairy Tail. Omar and I tried it once but we quit once the blue abomination started speaking. I might give it a try again later though.

And finally... School Days's ending wasn't really that bad storywise. It was kind of fitting for the series (at least the latter half). Regardless... it was still kind of creepy.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Yeah it depends which ending you watched though. I think there were like 5 different endings or something
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:25 pm

There are 21...

4 of them are that bad
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:02 am

21..? What the heck. Ive never heard of an anime with more than 5... lol
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:19 am

Well it was originally a dating sim visual novel, so there's going to be a different ending for each female lead and some of them get more i guess
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm

In short its rather cynicaly tiwisted in mannny diffrent aspects.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Well FMA reached the end of its Manga career with the latest chapter from Japan's monthly shonen jump. Pretty good ending I must say.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 am

Bleach Manga just did a DBZ. Meaning there was a huge battle, enemy won and went to forefill his goals, then the antagonist goes off training with his Dad becoming stronger so he can defeat the enemy.

Gotta love DBZ references
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:06 pm

I just watched the FMA movie today. Im satisfied now, I was about to kill myself if that last episode actually was the ending. But yeah, it was good, and I liked how they ended it.

I want to watch brotherhood now, but did someone say that it wasnt finished yet? I dont want to start yet if its not, mostly because in the original, at the end of pretty much every episode, they left so many cliffhangers. I could hardly stand being able to switch to the next episode and taking up 2 minutes much less waiting weeks for them to come out
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:20 am

There are only two episodes left, so that means it will finish in two weeks, so if you can watch 60+ episodes in less than two weeks, wait til it finishes.
Back to top Go down
Jacob
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
Jacob

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:15 am

I highly recommend watching Naruto Shippuden. The current Arc is so fucking epic its off the charts good.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:32 pm

So.. Funimation decided to block every single FMA episode on Dubhappy. WHAT DO I DO NOWWWW
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm

Iunno. Me and my friend have been watching it subbed with no problems on youtube. Try that? Here's the list: https://www.youtube.com/show?p=cfjHtZ1gVmw

Did you guys hear that OneManga is shutting down too?
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Dubhappy, as in an english dub? Good riddance. Don't watch anime shows dubbed, it will ALWAYS be worse than the subbed version, at least in my experience. And yeah a lot of this stuff has been taken down recently, i guess they have dealt with most of the music and video problems and are moving to the next time of main media or something, i dunno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Favorite Anime
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next