Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]

Go down 
+3
Alek
Kevintasta
Shen
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who: Any member of Formalities
What: GPQ this Saturday
Where: SHANENDOAH
When: 9:30 PM EST ~ 8:30 Angie time ~ 6:30 PST ~ 1:30 PM Sunday i think for AEST
Channel: 5
Showup time: 9:00 DON'T BE LATE OR ILL SHOOT YOU ALL
Reward Splitup: Keep what you get
Attackers/Healers: Anybody that wants to...

BE THERE ON TIME, AND BE READY FOR MORE THAN ONE, WE NEED A -30, DARKSIGHT, AND A TELEPORTER ~ DO NOT FORGET

I have always wanted to test how fast we could do a GPQ if we tried. So expect to do 2+ GPQs. Ill try to film them and then speed it up by like 4x so we can have a video of us doing a speed run of it. Hopefully all of you can make it, if we got some new members to come that would definately slow down our time. If not enough people sign up by Midnight-ish today (friday) I'll call it off so we dont waste anyones time.

GPQ Sign Up
----------------------------
-ShenronBow - Leader
-Keshanz - Backup DS
-Helen - Emotional Support
-Kish - DS and -30
-Zielo - Haste
-Jando - Attacker
-Alek - Teleport

We Still Need: lars

Last edited by Shen on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com

AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm

That would make things a lot easier actually. I noticed that every summer the guild gets back in place a little and everyone comes back to life on maple again... obviously, because the large majority dosnt have school.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I think you missed the point I was getting at. Wouldn't you agree that we use to be a lot more active, and that there were less failed events than there are now? Trust me, I understand that plans change and you wont make every single event or every single gpq. I really don't mind that at all. But the fact that has happened so many times, and Im not talking to you angie, im speaking in general, I just dont want to do another event or gpq until we either find some more members, or LionFarm gets to 70.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Oh... when you said "you", I thought you meant me specifically, lol.
But yeah... I do agree that we used to make events a lot more often than we do now. But, I also think that the main part of that was because most of the event planning was during the summer.... you have to admit that everything is just automatically harder to plan when your working with Australians plus Americans that have school, then theres that combined with some people just not being able to make it due to other plans. If we didnt have the whole school thing, that would be a big knock off right there and we could plan easier times.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:56 pm

We failed the previous GPQ because I wasn't on iJandoDK and I was on Jetsh without any all cures.

Thats all.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Er... -cough- then why is Omar freaking about not enough people showing up again
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:59 pm

That's not what he was freaking out about. He's upset that events and GPQs fail more often than succeed. For the members that show up on time, it feels like a huge waste of time. We were waiting on Jando to show for an hour and a half before we started (lets not get into who's fault it was), and when we finally got in, we failed. That's where the aggravation comes from. We're on for 3 hours, and we don't even accomplish what we set out to.

Shen wrote:

Since this one, and a lot of the other ones have been unsuccessful. Just like the other events have been unsuccessful.

See? Stress on unsuccessful. Although, admittedly GPQs are often unsuccessful because we don't have enough members, which is why that was even brought up.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:09 am

Thats basically what I meant though... not enough people showing up pretty much is not having enough members in general. It all leads to the same thing.
And er... I think there should be an ending wait time deadline from now on if not enough people show up so your not wasting time. Like... if not enough people show up by 15 or so minutes after the initial start time of the gpq, then the whole gpq is off. You shouldnt have to wait for 3 hours for one person
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Lol. Angie if you agree that our problems stem from not having enough members, then why are you objecting to Omar postponing events until we do?

We do have that rule, however, we knew Jando was coming, so we decided to wait.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Im not really objecting anymore, I just got convinced that we probably should wait at least until school is out. I agree that we do probably need more members for events, but im also on the side that things would be easier to plan if everyone didnt have school all the time
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 4:06 pm

I am having trouble understanding why we need a deadline time, it seems ridiculous when I am having everyone sign up, and they confirm they can make that time. The only reason I even put a time on there is so people will be in the game waiting at the time. Obviously that didn't work, which is why i then made "Show up time" Which is when i wanted you to log on, and then the start time, which is when we plan on starting. I cant recall a single time where we started within 20 minutes of the starting time. I might as well say the start time is Friday for the slight hope that you might possible show up Saturday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]   GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPQ SPEEDRUN [APRIL 24TH]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2