Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Happy you missed it?

Go down 
+4
blaze7734
Jando
Shen
GraffleFraff
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Happy you missed it? Empty
PostSubject: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:03 pm

I don't know if you guys keep up with maple news, but over the past few days there's apparently been some chaos! Yesterday evening, the servers Broa, Windia, Bera and Scania all had people crashing channel 1 to dupe their items. Duping, for those of you who aren't familiar, is when people sell their godly items cheap, then crash the server so there's a rollback, and they get back a duplicate of their items, which they're free to sell again. Needless to say, it's screwing up the economy worse than before. After these spectacles people struggled, and are still struggling 24 hours later to log back in. Chaos, I told you! But the cherry on top definitely has to be that that famous scanian hacker, Ecko or Capcom, managed to hack the GM RavenSCA and start smegaing and banning people. Check it out:

https://2img.net/h/i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh220/TBSlSupa/MapleStory2010-02-2716-42-04-57.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img682/2056/maple1139.jpg

There are a lot of other better screen shots, but I'm too lazy to find them again. As you can see, he managed to get on a GM account an spam "Ecko owns" over and over again. Btw, did you see the stats on that hat? Lawd jesus.

So my question is... are you happy you missed all this chaos? I don't know about you guys, but I'm almost bummed. I would've loved to see this happen and experience it first hand. Makes me almost want to go back...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:41 pm

I just now felt like playing the game, and it was patching, and then i decided to check the forum and am reading this... now I don't want to get on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 pm

I heard about this earlier and just rofled.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:45 pm

You might have trouble logging in anyway. The sign on from the website thingy-ma-jig messed things up. But I read that people managed to get back on by changing their passwords. Anyway, if you do go on, I'd recommend you steer clear of ch1 and the FM in general until things die down.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Nexon is just such a bad company, its pretty funny now actually... they have screwed up so many times before you don't even need to anticipate it.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:51 pm

Well besides the log in thing, I don't know how much is actually nexon's fault this time. The channel crashing and hacking thing is something users did. And I heard that the reason things aren't being fixed is because most of their employees don't work on weekends, and all this started happening Friday night...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Well I don't blame the users at all... I mean yeah, they are the ones causing the problems, but there would be no problems if nexon knew how to patch the game properly so that this wouldn't even be happening.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeah. I guess. Maybe if nexon used some of their profits from nx to improve server stability, things could be better? I still think that the people that caused some of these problems deserve a lot of the blame, just because they're ruining gameplay for a lot of people for selfish reasons.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:06 am

Derp.
Maplestorys just going down in spirals.....

The corruption level is just through the bleeding roof. They really should figure better ways of reporting problems and establish better communities.....
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am

Runescape was flawless when it came to server maintenance and player satisfaction. I miss that game..

They have this thing called the Grand Exchange, so instead of people spamming around in the populated channel to buy their stuff. They go to the grand exchange, and can sell their item or buy whatever item is tradable in the game, and there are price restrictions and everything that go up if there are less of the item and go down if there are more of the item. It is completely flawless and it is the only solution to keeping a steady economy in an mmorpg.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:28 am

Hmmm... that sounds amazing actually. I wonder why MS doesn't adopt it....
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:38 am

Now I'm glad that I play in Bera and I'm not very high leveled.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:42 am

Wouldn't you rather play in a server that isn't effected? If I were still playing, I'd be worried about the rollback.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:55 am

My question is how Ecko was able to hack the GM's account.

Just goes to show, that Nexon has to really up it's security.

And when did this happen? I was skiing all day and just got back. I am clueless of what's going on.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 1:07 am

Well the duping stuff happened Friday night, that was made pretty clear. I don't know when the Ecko stuff happened, but I logged on basil today just to see what was new, see how things have changed, and literally every thread was a dozen screen shots of the Ecko thing. I don't know how he did it, guy is a G.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 am

Kind of reminds me more of why we stopped playing rofl. But wow, i almost wish i saw this too. I was actually on on thursday i think and used the rest of my leftover nx to buy that baby tiger pet.
I wonder more how this Ecko fella seems to be the only one able to do this, hacking isnt like a superpower or anything, anyone could do it if they had enough practice and cared enough. i know it probably takes a near genius to hack a company account though, but still, you would think he wouldnt be the only one. He must be an urber nerd. I wonder if Nexon could sue him for basically hacking the company.
Ecko has apparently been around for a while, he caused some sort of map crash in the sleepywood sauna a long time ago around the beta stages, and it was said that he was the cause of the perion map crash that we got involved in. this guy has quite a backstory to him o:
I find it really funny how all of the maple stars, legends, and pop culture are more fun to talk about and hear about and witness than the actual plot of the game is. Fangblade, the mysterious hero who never shows his face like all the other television superheros do and took the glory from the first hero.. Tiger, the original hero who mysteriously disappeared, Ecko, the villain who can destroy things and possess people... o-o
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:18 am

You're such a nerd ange, I'm afraid to even look at your msn name...
I'm gonna start tallying everything extremely nerdy that you do.
1. Kissing related to an RPG
2. Giving people a fantastic backstory even though its just a couple of fat kids infront of a computer that have next to no life anymore.

I could go on for ages, :]
Lets see how you go.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:37 am

There are more people like Ecko. People were crashing maplestory. You be able to crash maple is a feat. in its own.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:21 am

But its a fail because i do those nerdy things for the soul reason to be nerdy >:3
So your only promoting my business. buaha
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:26 am

I dont think they are going to rollback, if they did, the only way to completely fix it is to rollback three days. But the problem is is that they had a 2x event in the middle of that and the people that participated in that, which i would imagine would be a lot, would lose their exp. There was a thread on basil on weather or not they should do it and it was pretty much 50/50. Three days is a long time to rollback. I was on maple for probably 2 hours yesterday and it has pretty much died down now too, everything looks stable and i kind of like the login from the website.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I think it's probably a better idea to not rollback. But we'll see what nexon does come Monday. Probably compensate with like 3 weeks of 2x or something.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:30 pm

No rollback. And the GM gave out his own info. FAIL GM!

/end thread
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 pm

7. Pretending nerdiness is a business
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:21 pm

. . .

BAHAHAHAHA!
I CAN'T BELIVE ANGE FORGOT TO SAY GG NEXON! xDDDDDD

so... IM GONNA DO IT ! O:<

GG NEXON! :3

(OMFG LOOK ITS ALEK! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

DERP
whats up Alek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy you missed it?   Happy you missed it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy you missed it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next