Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Cigarettes vs Marijuana

Go down 
+3
GraffleFraff
Alek
Zielo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Cigarettes vs Marijuana Empty
PostSubject: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:18 pm

Im doing a health project for school, and this topic came up. I thought it might be an interesting thing to think about. Which one is healthier for you, cigarettes or marijuana?
I personally think marijuana is better than cigarettes, and I honestly dont know why people think its so bad for you. Its only an actual health risk if you do it excessively, like say more than twice a week, and that has the result of a possible chance of getting cancer.
This dosent normally happen though because weed is not addictive; you could have the same addiction to coffee or some other type of food as to weed. The affects of weed only last for several hours, and there are no long term affects. Some doctors recommend it as remedies for some illnesses in fact.
A lot of the commercials they have about weed and saying its bad for you are terribly misleading. Cigarettes, on the other hand, kill you slowly and can give you cancer, and are extremely addicting. I think they also make you cough more and have worse lung problems.
Weed is literally safer than drinking and is the safest drug out there... I wanted to know, why exactly is it illegal? I know for a fact that more people die of drinking and cigarettes than weed.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:56 pm

1st: I don't smoke.....
2nd: W.E I'll never smoke ¬¬
3th: If i had to choose...... hmmm......... durno ummm..... yup Marijuana o-o haves less crap then the cigarettes
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:11 pm

I agree with you and I don't have an answer for you. I read an article once that said the reason they made marijuana illegal is because it's a product that isn't made in America. I mean it is, but not commonly, and it's also not considered the best place to get it. Anyway, the author thought the government kept it illegal because America wouldn't profit from its sale and that it would cause reliance on other countries. Right now, one of the many reasons our economy sucks is because we're buying more than we're selling... there are less and less things made in America nowadays, and so they're trying to limit what we have to buy from other countries. Whether that's the case or not I don't know.

Another reason might be that they're trying to avoid a repeat of what Great Britain did to China, where Britain smuggled opium into China, causing them to all turn into addicts, and become dependent on it and need to buy it, which ultimately led to a decline in their economy, which at the time was one of the best. Marijuana isn't as addicting as opium but I think government officials are afraid if they make it okay to have it, then people will indulge in it too much.

So anyway, to summarize, the fact that it's illegal probably has more to do with the economy and less to do with health concerns.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:51 pm

I didnt read any of your posts. But Marijuana has no harmful side-effects to the body at all, other than the obvious stimulation of the brain. It doesn't kill any brain cells or anything. Cigarettes are terrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 pm

Marijuana
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 pm

D:
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:09 am

If you read my thingy omar, I pretty much already said that o:
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 am

T-T
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 am

I speak from experience
Marijuana, if you do it then you get a little headspin the next day.
Ciggies your chest hurts for days.

I can see the difference from my first one <_<
Never going back.

And I still don't support the fact that drinking is more harmful than pot... What am I supposed to do with my vodka? Not drink it? T~T
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:21 am

Its not like your going to get it taken away kish... lol. But yeah, I definitely think it is, drunk driving kills a lot more people than weed ever would, and then theres just drinking until you literally do something so stupid that it kills you or you just plain and simple drink your brains out and get so intoxicated that it kills you.

And with pot... you dont really get a headspin the next day unless you totally outdid it the day before. It dosent take much at all to get you stoned. Weed can also however make you hungry and get the munchies, so it can make you gain weight. It will make you sleepy too a few hours later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cigarettes vs Marijuana   Cigarettes vs Marijuana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cigarettes vs Marijuana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Formalities  :: Miscellaneous :: Chatboard-
Jump to: