Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Derp Banner stuff...

Go down 
+5
Jando
Ragafa
Zielo
GraffleFraff
blaze7734
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well with valentines day setting in and you guys asking for a new banner ima need something from YOU guys =X
Since we HAAAVE no direct couple in teh guild i think i might draw you guys, with your gf or bf for the banner =O
(UNLESS OTHERWISE)

So if you dont have ANY OTHER IDEAS send in some sort of reference of your boy/girl friend (Example:A drawing, a picture, mapleized person) and also what YOU want to look like so i can get started on this thing.

Since im going to have to break the bad news that i got a D in chem ill have PLLEEEAAANTYY of spare time so ill get it done rather quickly...

SO GO GO GO
Or else give me a better idea.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 2:22 pm

Wow that looks amazing angie, If you can just add in Informal somewhere that would be great and we could use it as the banner.... even though.. its summer.

-nudge- feel free to change the forum to a summer theme angie -nudge-
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Well, Larz DID say he thought about making another one... I dunno if he meant for this season but whatever. I could always do what I did in the past and just make a few slight changes and make this banner look like its summer.... but I dunno how I would get around the fact that they're all in winter attire :/

I dont really want to do anything until I hear from Larz if hes going to make a new banner or not.

(this one only took me a few hours... I started it last night from the time I first saw Larz's post . I just kept putting it off. >_>)

If he made another one soon I could get it done in one night. (the reason I dont really want to mess with colors right now is because I would have to see the banner first to see what kind of colors would go with it)
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Hmm... Mind giving the secret Ange? I dunno, I feel like it could prove useful one day to me.

And now that I take a closer look at it... I <3 my hair @-@ it look different from the other one o: LOOKS SHMEXEH
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 11:31 pm

It does? -looks back- Oh, I guess it does. When I trace over it, things tend to get a different shape or look slightly different somehow, which really cant be helped. For some things though, like hair, Ill sometimes add some more spikes and lines or something... also Alek, your the only one actually wearing shoes. Congratulations. I made everyone else wearing socks for some reason and I dont think that was intended lol. Here, I'll just post both pictures for anyone that feels like comparing:

Spoiler:

Other things I changed were I added a tree in the window, I changed one of the pictures to put the owl in, I put Jupjup sleeping in the corner because that wasn't there before, I changed the slime and mushi picture frame because it was very hard to see in the original, and I guess it just fit better and blended in anyway, I also added a clock and some pillows on the couch, and just added a few lines here and there on everyone's clothes that weren't there before to show depth and texture.

By the way, Omar, you're gryffindor, and Kevin, you're hufflepuff.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 12:07 am

And here, Ill just post you the whole guide I learned from. Its about how to make a comic on photoshop, but if all you want is to know about the photoshop tips, then skip to step 5:
(also, pay special attention to step 3, as that is why I asked if Larz could try drawing in color pencil)
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:03 am

You know... In Australia... It's Winter...
-nudge-nudge-
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:29 am

Derp.

@Ange: SO THATS WHAT MULTIPLY DOES EHH?! I alwasy wondered what that did xP that is going to help tons later o: Thank yeh Ange :3
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:22 pm

Maybe we should make like a duality banner, with both seasons at once. That way, it represents the aussies and the northern hemisphere, and it reduces the amount of banners we need.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:46 pm

I think that's the best idea ever. ^
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 3:43 am

So basically saying, we make one banner and never change it. How boring. But, nonetheless, much less work..

How in the world would you make it summer and winter at the same time though
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:10 am

Recycled the first banner we ever had and threw some stuff together for now...
Haven't used this banner since it was first made, I think. There was probably a good reason for that though, because 3 or 4 of the people in it don't even exist anymore lol.

Its been so long since it changed, its going to take forever to get used to.

Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 am

I don't like this.

You still have the subtitle.
Dylan's not in the picture
The picture feels weird, did you change it?
Jando, Alex and Josh are there. None of them even barely come onto the forum.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 am

-...what subtitle?
-Dylans only been in one banner and that one's for winter.
-Just added a border
-I did state in the above post that I was aware they are pretty much extinct. I also said this was temporary until Larz confirms hes going to make a new banner. Sheesh. :S
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 am

fffft, tl;dr.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:25 am

Derp ¬¬
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 2:15 pm

@Angie
Well, we'd make two banners(summer/winter, spring/fall), and you could make new ones every year. If you were to do both at the same time...

It'd look something like this?

Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 828916324_4a7bae2c74_z

or like this

Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Summer_winter

Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Ragafa wrote:
fffft, tl;dr.

How in the heck was that too long

kevintasta wrote:
@Angie
Well, we'd make two banners(summer/winter, spring/fall), and you could make new ones every year. If you were to do both at the same time...

Hmmm... I guess thats a good option to solve the Aussie side of the world problem. It just occurred to me though... Kish is the only Aussie that we even have anymore. I noticed some of us still tend to say "the Aussies"... (I think?) and yeah, Just thought I'd point that out. Not that theres anything wrong with that though.

Its not really our decision to make though, Larz is the one who draws the banners so we'll have to take it up with him. I haven't even seen him post since he revived this thread though.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm not even in that banner, that's how fucking old it is. And the duality banner is necessary because the forum is never themed appropriately for the season.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Did anyone notice that kish is the only person living in australlia, no offense kish but wouldnt it be kind of pointless making a "duality banner" if the only person affected by it is kish. Why does it have to be seasons anyways, why cant we just make a cool looking banner with no season
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:13 pm

I noticed and Angie noticed too, but I feel like the whole dual hemisphere thing is something that was pretty characteristic of the guild.

Well, I also thought seasonless would probably be fine as well, but I'm pretty sure without some sort of deadline, we'd never change our banner.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I don't actually care too much anyway if I don't get a banner, keep making your American season banners, they're more fun to look at, plus you have no idea what Australian Summer looks like.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Ragafa wrote:
you have no idea what Australian Summer looks like.

Apparently, like this...

Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Oyhjj10

(The sixth picture scarred me for life)
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Yep, that's pretty much it.
Good going Google.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 am

Oh my god, some of those pictures were disturbing...
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 11:15 am

The koala taking a bath is my new desktop background
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derp Banner stuff...   Derp Banner stuff... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derp Banner stuff...
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next