Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Global warming is... a hoax?

Go down 
+3
Ragafa
Jando
Zielo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Global warming is... a hoax? Empty
PostSubject: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:49 am

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/dec/06/quotclimategatequot-exposes-global-warming-hoax/
And heres a nice vidio to go with that.....

Google the rest....
and if you are too lazy, summary:
Global warming is a hoax. In fact, the world has actually been COOLING gradually over the past 60 years due to sun spots. The only 10% of global warming that is true is caused by natural causes such as volcanoes, wich we cannot prevent and is too small of a thing to worry about anyway. The government or whoever was responsible for this was using the hoax for donations, money, funds for "cause", etc. The charts prove that they've been shifted around a bit to get society in to believing that the world is basically melting. All of the melting and lessening ice berg, ice cap, artic pictures, and expanding coast pictures, edited. Its the exact same thing as the Y2K hoax.

...what do you think?
I dont know, i kind of believe it. it seems just like something the government would do to get "fund" money....
also, i could be just crazy, but even before i came across this from my dad, ive actually been noticing the weather in louisiana getting... well, a lot colder.
last year, it snowed in january. not very unusual for us since that when it rarely does snow here, its always in january. only, we did unusually get more snow than weve ever goten, and it wasnt just the slush we always get, it was real snow.
it always gets cold here at around late november. but this year, it started getting cold here in mid september, and was in the 30sF today and yesterday. another very unusual thing, it snowed yesterday, in early december. as far as i know, if it ever snows here, its only in january. ANOTHERRRR bizarre thing is that its now snowed two years in a row, and its expected to snow again before the end of winter. that just seems strange for louisiana to me... lastly, we didnt get a single sign of a hurricane this hurricane season, and it requires warm waters to make a hurricane.
has anyone else been noticing a cooler climate change? what do you think about this whole thing?
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:49 am

-Yawn- Already knew Global Warming was a hoax. All end of the world things are hoaxes, they only happen in movies.

I think animals give off more CO2 then man-made machines do. However we are making climate shifts more rapid. So summer starts 2 - 4 weeks early, winter starts 2 - 4 weeks early or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:11 am

I believe it's a benefitting topic to talk about =D
I have been noticing that the days are getting colder. Summer nights... are actually cold O_O Like two years back, I had to sleep without a top on and no blanket just because I was sweating my ass off. Now a days I'm snug in my bed with the AC off, there's only one day in all of summer and spring that we had used the AC, and that was when it hit 37 degrees. But usually in late spring we get the usual heatwave that reaches about 41 degrees, but we haven't topped 40 since last year. I'm not sure how it is in the south, I only know the north east of melbourne (yeah weather is different it's crazy)
What did you feel Jando? I heard that you had the AC on full blast quite alot, same with the Josh's and I think Adrian?
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:18 am

I didn't even realize it was that hot. Till I went outside.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:20 am

If I remember, it was cooler outside, it was good because I was grounded from the internet and decided to be outside more...... and slept on the grass D:
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:22 am

lol.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:20 am

Where have you been Angie o-o;
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:54 am

....HAHAHAHAHA!! I HAVENT NOTICED ABOUT THAT! F5
Government= Fail F3
Ty for Opening My Eyes Ange F3
and yeah its getting Kinda colder here and Rainy too O_O
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:34 pm

My dad is skeptical about global warming too. But er uh, I strongly believe it exists. You just need to know who to listen to. You can't believe everything you hear on the news, and you have to be careful what studies you believe because you never know who its funded by. However, there are a lot of scientific studies and journals, not government funded, that make sense and explain how global warming exists, and even how the idea of "global warming" can cause a cooling trend. If I get my hands on any, I'll be sure to post them for you, but they're pretty hard to read. I also did my science fair project where I built artificial atmosphere's and tested whether or not the presence of CO2 caused their climate to rise, and I can tell you it did, but it was very minimal. So I can agree that the idea of global warming is sensationalized and over exaggerated, but I do think it exists and that its a problem worth talking about.

Btw, that video is equally as biased as Al Gore's an Inconvenient Truth. The Discovery Channel has a special on global warming that's like a couple hours long, but really looks at every argument, for or against, global warming, and presents all the facts really well. So if you're really interested, that's the video to watch, because at least that way you're getting the science of it. I found it at my school library.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:27 pm

i dont feel like arguing about any of this, its all a boring topic to me, and ive written i think 3 essays on supporting global warming, so i think watching that video would just make me angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:21 pm

WAAATCCH IIIT OMMAAAR =D
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 11:16 am

Lol at Larz F3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global warming is... a hoax?   Global warming is... a hoax? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global warming is... a hoax?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Formalities  :: Miscellaneous :: Chatboard-
Jump to: