Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Normal Balrog Expedition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Normal Balrog Expedition Empty
PostSubject: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:16 pm

SCROLL DOWN FOR INFO ABOUT DAMAGE REFLECT

Normal Balrog Expedition Maples22

http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-Guide-The-Balrog-PQ-Guide-262.html

All the infos up there but reading on will tell you the important parts.

WELL THEN. Alek and I were talking about this pq and why no one ever does it and among other things, so that led me to do a bunch of research on the subject and I think it's possible. First, I'll explain why we would want to do it and why it's possible.

WHY WE WOULD WANT TO DO IT

520k XP (THIS IS PRACTICALLY EQUAL TO A LEVEL), AMAZING BALROG WEAPONS, CHAOS SCROLL, WHITE SCROLL, BALROG BOOTS, EVERYONE WANTS TO DO IT AT LEAST ONCE

WHY ITS POSSIBLE

Minimum requirement is 6 people. Up to 15 can do it. However, you can easily do the pq with 4 people by exploiting a glitch in nexon's interface since as long as a person is in the expedition team, they could be in Ludibrium for all that matters.

Damage dealt from balrog - I did a pq with some random people and I believe it got nerfed a lot... I pretty much healed by using drain but i needed to occasionally use an unagi. At any rate, it wasn't very bad. THE STUPID FUCKING RIBCAGES THAT LOWER YOUR HEALTH TO 1 ARE GAY-ASS THOUGH. This can be avoided by hitting the head from the upper-left.

Damage dealt from us - In the pq, a level 70 is actually the best. Just about anyone from 71 - 200 is about the same damage-wise. Things like attack speed, passive skills, etc. can affect it but theres no groundbreakingly different damage.

THE BASICS

It's located at the bottom of the temple in the sleepywood cave area. You can go there by talking to Manji in Perion and paying 10k.

We have 30:00 minutes to complete the pq, and there are roughly three stages.

The balrog has a head and two arms. Ranged character attack the head and close-combat characters attack the arms.

No one can use any third job skills unless they're passive. In other words, you're restricted to only using 2nd job skills (why 4th jobbers = 3rd jobbers). Also, everyone who is above 70 gets their damage nerfed in the pq. Mine was reduced by about 75%.

A heros gladius in your inventory increases your att and mg att by 30.

STAGE 1

This lasts for the first ten minutes, til 19:59. No damage will actually be dealt to the balrog. However, the damage is taken into account. Within the first ten minutes, a minimum of 120,000 damage must be dealt to the balrog (i'm not sure if this is still correct after BB).

STAGE 2

This will last until the balrog has lost 50% of its HP. Damage will now be dealt to the balrog. Tombstones will start glowing during this time and they must be hit with a regular attack pretty much as soon as they start or else the balrog will regain almost all of its HP.

STAGE 3

This is the hard part and lasts until all its HP is gone. Balrog will start using damage reflect.

DAMAGE REFLECT

This will start after the balrog says somethinig about "silly greenhorns", a little after both hands get chained down and 50% of its health is gone. Damage reflect will roughly start a little after the 50% mark is reached, around 55% or 60% taken out.

Normal Balrog Expedition Normaldmgref

The effect is characterized by orange chains running in front of the balrog and a glowing axe-like aura thing in front of it. The horns will have a striped white-red glow with cracks running along it. There will be a purple sword on the top to indicate damage reflect.

Normal Balrog Expedition Dmgref

The best method to fight it off, as I've experienced, is to only attack the balrog while hes doing an attack unrelated to damage reflect until he does the first damage reflect. After the first one, the balrog will not cast it for another minute, so it's important to time it. I will attempt to tell us the "safe time" for attacking the balrog. Note that when the altar has "hit" and his head and horns turn purple, this may disbalance the time of the damage reflect, though from what I've seen, just makes the damage reflect happen one minute later than when it was supposed to.

ZOMBIFY

Around the latter portion, the balrog will start using zombify which will make our pots 1/2 as effective. This really isn't that big of a deal.

MY EXPERIENCE WITH PQS

In the pq, my damage was roughly 184000 a minute, but we still didnt get past first stage because we didnt hit minimum (I don't know how. This is why I think the minimum is wrong. Still worth trying though). I spent my time attacking the head (which was not what I was supposed to) and took very little damage. My party members had no idea what they were doing and just kind of hitting whatever. As for pot intake, I spent about 100 mana elixirs and 10 unagis (used drain mostly) over the first 10 minutes. Overall, it was pretty fun.

Second pq, I decided to try soloing it, so I recruited random people to the expedition that didnt need to go in. I got past the first stage and got to around 60% health left after 30 minutes.

THE PLAN

EVERYONE GETS HEROS GLADIUSES FOR THE EXTRA 30 ATT AND MG ATT. RANGED CHARS ATTACK HEAD. CLOSE-RANGE CHARS ATTACK ARMS UNTIL THEY GET CHAINED.

Last edited by Kevintasta on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:24 am

*UPDATE*

Well, first I solo'd it and got to about 45% health before I got kicked out (badass)

Then, Angie and Dylan came over but I kept dying so we didn't get to the third stage. I think that if we got alek or lars (or both), we could probably beat it. The xp is actually 520k x and there is a chance for chaos or white scrolls (if thats any incentive).

Also, the new strategy is not to enter the expedition til about 5 minutes since its a waste of pots.

Here are some solo screens.

Normal Balrog Expedition Maples23
Normal Balrog Expedition Maples24
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Look awesome. It's nice that you can boss on lower levels now.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:12 am

It has been for a while like that Helen =P
and we didn't get to kill it yesterday ._.
some reasons:
1st: Bad pot calcualtion (Fixed though)
2nd: Damage Reflect =P Ange and Dylan are really bad timers x3
3rd: Rib Cages are bishes as already stated :3

hmm... mabye I left something out but me W/E...

OH YEAH DYLAN AND AGE MUST HAVE GOTTEN ON REALLY LATE YESTERDAY
we couldn't do a last time ._. or at least I didn't do one with them D:
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Yeahhh... sorry about that. Something came up and we couldn't get back on last night. Were about to get on now though
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 am

D:

That is all.
I just HAD to quit -facepalm-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Normal Balrog Expedition   Normal Balrog Expedition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Normal Balrog Expedition
Page 1 of 1