Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread

Go down 
+2
Zielo
Jando
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:31 am

Well, I got SS when it came out in Aus last thursday. Just got a fucking Heracross, took fucking forever! Now I'm in goldenrod city training said Heracross.

So far my team is

Heracross - Dunge: Lvl 5
Quilava - Wof: Lvl 22
Kangaskhan: Lvl 16
Flaffy - iGoBaa: Lvl 15

Time to grind and get Dunge to level 19 and pwn the gym leader. (Dunge learns brick break at 19).

I plan to get a Murkrow, I only need 49 more watts or whatever to get the map, then I just need to catch the bloody thing. Pokewalker ftw. That leaves me with one spot for a HM slave which atm is Oddish with Cut. I plan to swap Kangaskhan with a Ursaring, Flaffy with Jolteon (maybe) and thats it....headbutt ftw.

(no off topicers please, go do that in another thread)
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 3:52 am

Better make this the last Pokemon thread Jando, Helen and Omar and everyone else who have seen enough of them are going to start getting aggravated >.>
Anyway
SS is great Very Happy
I already beat the elite four and the first gym and Kanto. Pyro my typhlosion is level 62, I kinda ditched my other old team. Pyro isnt EVed yet but im going to EV him as soon as I can get my hands on some berries. The reason im trying to go so fast through the game is because theres a competition in my town at a Play n Trade going on sometime in April, and its battles and whatnot. I need to get a team of level 50+ EVed Pokemon in preparation. Any ideas on a good team? So far I for sure plan to have my typhlosion and a polywrath.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 6:04 am

About strategy
Spoiler:

Angie, you need to go on msn sometime this weekend so we can talk. I'll get you onto Shoddy and teach you strategy. Finding the perfect obtainable team is hard. Real hard. Cause you need to go in knowing all your weakness' and immediately know what your opponents strengths and weakness are. Unless your going there for fun, then get any pokemon you want. lol.

----

Also Angie, I want this to be a serious thread so could you use your uber admin powers to delete any off topic posts please. Also I have nothing else to do with 2 weeks break...so why not become a Pokemon freak again?

----
UPDATE: WOOT! I got 500 watts. So now I'm walking around like a mad man to get Watts so I can catch a Mukrow, also doing that bug catching contest over and over again to get a dusk stone. Then doing it again to get a thunder stone. Ampharos would be a fucking sick pokemon if its speed was higher. Team is still the same.

UPDATE2: Ew I keep getting sun stones when I get first place...bah Ima just gonna gts some over.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:54 am

;-;
-still wants-
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:05 am

Speaking of EV training which pokemon should i lvl off of in Emerald for ATK and SP ATK?
Wasnt it like Spinda or something for SP or was it Golbat?
=_=;
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Ew before I read all of that Jando- dont say I dont know how to EV train, because I do. I just didnt feel like doing it from the start because it would take too long. Plus, by not evolving my cyndaquil until level 50, I got the move Eruption a lot faster. Im looking for the fastest way to get a good team.
IVs on the other hand, I have no idea how to do lol. Too complicated to calculate. For me, I just teach it Hidden Power, test it out on some Pokemon to see what type it is, and find out the type. If its not the type I wanted then oops, oh well, I'll just delete it for a different move. Yes I know thats extremely noob but meh, I cbf figuring all that out
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Ok ok ok ok....ummm...lol...ummm....

Your Pyro would die really fast in a competition...With a poliwrath and a Typholosion, you would need to read theses

Poliwrath: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/poliwrath

Typholosion: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/typhlosion

There is a 90% chance that every person in this competition is going to use smogon to help form there team.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:34 pm

I already read those. And why would Pyro die if hes EVd with good moves? And I dunno about that, everyone here isnt very smart and they try to do things their own way... Id say its more of a 65% chance. People here alone think your godly enough if you just have a team of plain level 100s
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:42 pm

o-o Well if Pyro was EV'd then he would have a chance. I'm saying unEV'd and just rare candied 6 100's would just suck.

But really if you read my strategy thing then you won't be even saying all this. All in all, depending if you want to win or just want to have fun is how much effort you should put in team creation.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 pm

I already read your guide, and I already knew all of this. Anddd I already said I had planned to EV Pyro from the very first thing I said. Im EVing my whole team, derp. Jando needs to take his own advice and learn2read.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Jando wrote:
o-o Well if Pyro was EV'd then he would have a chance. I'm saying unEV'd and just rare candied 6 100's would just suck.

But really if you read my strategy thing then you won't be even saying all this. All in all, depending if you want to win or just want to have fun is how much effort you should put in team creation.

I remember me and my friend would always item duplicate back in the day of red and blue and we thought that they were utter godly Razz
ahhh nostalgica.......DAMMIT I GOTTA GET THIS GAME DX
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:03 am

lol sorry. My bad. Meh, well in that case you dont need my advice. If you know how to EV then all you need is a team and you need to find that yourself...

UPDATE: Well I got to Eureck city. Now getting modest nature Eevee...hmm should I get a espeon on jolteon?

Current team:

Quilava - Wof - 23
Heracross - Dunge - 21
Kangashkan - Kang - 23
Flaffy - iGoBaa - 19
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 12:50 am

If you plan to keep that flaaffy they get espeon, otherwise get jolteon. im not sure if i should keep my eevee or not, and what to make it. im also not sure what other two starters to get. i really wanted to get another charmander because i really miss my charzi but that probably wouldnt fit my team since i already have pyro D: id have to get either squirtle or blubasaur and treeko or mudkip. well wait.. ill have polywrath too so that will be my water power. so that leaves bulba and treeko.. hermm. or should i even get another starter on my team. bah im not sure how to build a good team
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

WOOT! I finally got 2.5k points in the pokeathlon to get a thunderstone. Very Happy As for team building you should go on shoddy and mess around with pokemon and teams you like. I went through 15 different teams before I got the best one out of the 15.

UPDATE:

Wof: 23
Kang: 23
Dunge: 21
Bolt: 5

lol. Time to own the 4th gym leader with Kang and her Scrappy ability.

UPDATE:

Kang: 25
Dunge: 23
Bolt: 20

Was heading to Olivine, now spamming Voltorb flip to get thunder bolt for Bolt. 56.8% to go.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 1:43 am

WOOT WOOT! I got 10k points in voltorb flip. Bolt knows thunderbolt and I'm in Olivine.

Team:

Kang: 25
Bolt: 25
Dunge: 23

Training them all to 25 and heading to the top of the light house.

UPDATE:

Epic! Dunge owned chucks gym and Bolt owned chuck's poliwrath. Then Wof destroyed Jasmine. Underleveled team ftw.

Wof: 25
Dunge: 27
Bolt: 26
Kang: 26

Time to grind all them to 35 before I take on Mahogany gym. Also I have a krabby and a pidgey as my 2 HM slaves.

Also should I swap an Ursaring for Kang? Kang learning Outrage at 37 is making me like Kang > Ursaring. Ursa doesn't learn any dragon counting moves, Kang does...which is just ownage. And you can't top ownage. But Ursa's attack stat is mouth watering, don't forget Guts. Guh...
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Hey Jando, what do you think of this team so far o:
Typhlosion
Polywrath
Aerodactyl
Gengar

What do you think it could use/if I should take one off (its just a imaginary team, dont have it yet. getting ideas)
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Also what do you think of this team (its a friends)
lapras
gengar
infernape
tyranitar
draginite
metagros
He likes the lapras for its parish song. I think its a pretty good team
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Well I beat the Elite 4 and got myself a pwnsome kabutops. I jacked up it's attack and speed with some Hp and it has some awesome sweeping capabilities. Too bad I won't be playing as often.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 pm

Perish song sucks, unless you can trap your foe before hand and escape.

Lapras: Meh

Gengar: I really good special sweeper, has good speed. I've seen Marilland use it in his diamond team.

Inferape: Possible the best starter out there, good att stat, good spd stat, great move pool. I switched my slaking for this and taught it sword dance, mach punch, fire punch and close combat. Great choice.

T-tar: Is a tank, and a favorite and really over used. It has a great att stat and great hp, its a spd is meh...I took out T-tar out of my team straight away mainly due to Sandstorm ability ( my team aint ground, rock , steal based) So it was only giving me a disadvantage and my opponent an advantage when I took T-tar out, so I left him to last 95% of time. As for moves a DD-Tar is probably the best way to go, and along with a STAB stone edge, and earthquake for type coverage.

Metagross: Can't really talk about, ask smogon.

Typhlosion - Inferape is better if your choosing a starter, look on smogon.

Polywrath - Smogon

Aerodactyl - Dact is really good blocker/annoying. Teaching it Stealth rock, taunt, earthquake and rock slide are the ideal moves for a opener to have. With max speed and a focus sash its nearly impossible to not do a taunt-stealth rock combo.

Its not the team itself the makes it good, its how its used.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Jando wrote:

Its not the team itself the makes it good, its how its used.
Hello Confucius.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey!
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 pm

I needs yous guys Pokemaniac opinions on a new team im building up.

Milotic - Special Tank
Guardivour - Special sweeper
Metagross - Tank
Zangoose - Sweeper
undecided (thinking of using houndour or some something that learns fire moves.)
undecided(a rock or ground type in particular, was thinking of flygon)
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm

I recommend tyranitar for your last one. Houndoom is ehhhh maybe, but I think you would be better off with heatran or infernape. Also, I could be wrong, but you might want to replace zangoose with something like a blissy. Jando is better at all the competition battling though so wait for his reply
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:16 am

Milotic - Special Tank
Guardivour - Special sweeper
Metagross - Tank
Zangoose - Sweeper
undecided (thinking of using houndour or some something that learns fire moves.)
undecided(a rock or ground type in particular, was thinking of flygon)

Ok here we go...

Milotic - Very bulky. With aqua ring and recover and with leftovers you and the epic sp defense this tank is bulky. Put in some Toxic and Water Pulse and you've got yourself a confusing toxic inducing wall that can counter everything cept electric and grass types. Good choice. 5/5 stars

Gardivour - Speed sucks which can be your main problem, Alakazam, Azelf and many others do the job much better. With Azelf learning Nasty plot and Ala for its zam! Gardi doesn't have much fight. But with a couple of Calm minds she will be just as tank as Milo...Throw in some thunderbolts, shadow balls and phychic, you will be unstoppable, until you get crunched....or shadow punched...

Metagross - Good lead. Meteor mash + bullet punch for sure 2hko's and explosion for the lols. Stealth rock for your last spot.

Zangoose with a sword dance and Return which at max happiness has a 102 base damage along with a 1.5x boost from STAB and SD with some speed boosts and your got yourself a dooms day device. Also good to switch out when you predict a toxic happening. Gotta love that ability. EQ for type coverage along with a speed boosting if possible or umm...fighting move would be better.

A good fire type is Bellyzard but that needs Rapid spin support, due to sr taken 50% hp away..which ruins its set up...other then that Arcanine with Flare blitz, Extreme speed and some other moves can destroy alot of things, also add sunny day to the mix and HELLO!

Now you want a ground type...SANDSLASH!!!!!!! Not only is it a ground type but it can use rapid spin which allows you to knock out those rapid spins. So SS with EQ, rapid spin and 2 other moves which allows you to bring in charizard with a belly zard set up of Sub/Tpunch, Belly drum, fire punch and EQ to bring the rain to victory.

Ok heres how to set up Bellyzard. First you need charizard to scare something. What I mean by that is to make the opponent switch there current pokemon, Say there using a Electriver and SR is up, you bring in Sandslash to rapid spin them away and take a thunder punch like a beast due to being resistant to it. They switch to a Sceptile while you rapid spin. They know your gonna switch since you have rapid spin and its a ground type so there gonna try and use a move thats weak to the pokemon your gonna bring out. They go for an EQ and you bring out bellyzard. They fail.

With bellyzard out and no SR in play you can start to set up with Sub, and since they don't know what kind of move set this charizard have they switch out. They bring out Ectriver out again and while you set up the sub. You set up with bellydrum and the sub takes the Tpunch. So now you charizard is at 25% HP, +6att boosts which allows the salac berry to take effect and double your speed. Now that you outspeed the Electriver and with blaze in effect you can destroy it with Fpunch or EQ, and with those 2 moves you can take out the whole team until something the resists both those moves and a +6att boost to go with it comes alongs and tanks it, bellyzard is unstopable.

---

I love that team and I'm gonna make it in shoddy or you can Lars and test them out. I has spelling mistakes I know.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 2:16 pm

I forgot to mention.
I HAVE NO DS
so my builds are very limited to 3 gen and lower abilities and items.

Zangoose yeah thats my main idea with him, his ATK stat right now is about 300 something, and i plan to build speed till he's maxed out afterwords.

My guardivour well yeah its more of a mix tank/sweeper. Its more balanced out like that, and it already has Calm mind, thunderbolt, Physic and Shadowball like you suggested.

The bellyzard does sound promising but i dont really know if i would want to use that spinoff ability with a sandslash...if i can even use it <_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread   Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon HS/SS discussion thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next