Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes

Go down 
+2
Zielo
Jando
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Empty
PostSubject: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:10 pm

New Content!
Kerning Square
o Content for players between levels 35 to 50. Located north of Kerning City via the Kerning Square subway line.
o New quests! Characters level 35 to 50 can take part in helping realize Blake’s dream of becoming a singer. Talk to Jake at the Kerning City subway station to start the quest.
o Can’t get enough of Kerning Square? There’s more! Start the repeatable quest to gain access to the VIP room to receive a special EXP bonus for killing monsters.
o A new dungeon has been added. The toys and wares of the department store have come alive!
§ Fight through 8 floors of deranged toys to get to the top of the tower.
§ Fight your way to the Spirit of Rock boss. Can you out rock him?
For more information check out the web post

Neo City
o A suspicious wanderer has arrived in Maple World and he has brought bad news about the future of Maple World. It seems he has left clues as to the location of his whereabouts. Talk to Han the Broker in Magatia to get started.
o A new winged dungeon with quests for characters level 70 and higher has been added.
§ Are you bold enough to help change the future of Maple World? Each wing is separated into different times.
§ The starting quest is given by Andy in Terra Forest.
§ You must be in a party of 2 or more to enter.

New Features
o Dimensional Mirrors
§ Now you can travel to places in Maple instantly. Just look for the Dimensional Mirrors in all major villages
§ Destinations include: Ariant Arena, Mu Lung Dojo, Monster Carnival 1, Monster Carnival 2, Nett’s Pyramid and the Abandoned Subway…if your level qualifies you.
§ You’re returned to the village where you used the mirror. Fast and convenient!
o UI Improvement
§ Latest item in your inventory will be outlined with a border
§ Quickslot can now be customized.
o Web Launch
§ Maplestory will now launch via the website.
o Episode 1
§ Episode 1 content is now available to Aran and Cygnus Knights! Aran will take the path of the warrior while Cygnus Knights will take the path of their respective Explorers’ quests.
§ Episode one quests now has a level limit of 40 instead of 30.
§ Astaroth now has a chance to drop a polearm.

Events
Hunter’s Luck
o A leveling event that runs for 6 weeks starting Feb. 19th to March 22nd.
o Players earn 6 2x EXP Hunter’s Lucks as a reward for completing the quest. It even stacks with the Cash Shop’s 2x EXP cards! Good huntin’!
o Talk to Scadur to begin the quest.

Week
Date
02.19.2010 - 02.22.2010
02.23.2010 - 03.01.2010
03.02.2010 - 03.08.2010
03.09.2010 - 03.15.2010
03.16.2010 - 03.22.2010
03.23.2010 - 03.30.2010

Artifact Hunt
o Runs from Feb. 22nd to March 7th.
o Talk to Gaga to get an excavation permit so you can start getting artifacts off monsters that you kill. Each artifact will net you artifact scores.
o Earn double Artifact Points on Saturday and Sunday, or choose your own date.
o Accumulated artifact score can earn you rewards, such as buffs, archeologist attire and permanent rewards. There’s even rumored to be a special mount for reaching a certain number of points.
o Scores are tallied on Sundays between 5pm and 6pm; all hunters with over 5000 points will be placed on the scoreboard and will also receive a special reward.
o Earn a medal for finding all 8 Mysterious Artifacts and
§ Player must have 200 artifact score to receive the quest.
o Rank in the weekly top 10 Artifact Hunt scoreboard by getting over 5000 Artifact Points. Top 10 players with the highest score between 5pm and 6pm on Sunday will receive a permanent prize.

Winter Bingo
o Runs from Feb. 22nd to March 27th.
o Performing the daily quest to collect 20 bingo necklaces will earn you one bingo stamp on your bingo board.
o Each time you get bingo (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) you receive a special bingo package for a chance at a random prize!

Mysterious Box Rewards
Elixir
Power Elixir
Power Elixir
Return Scroll- Nearest Town
All Cure Potion
Dimond
Black Crystal
Scroll for Helmet for HP 65%
Scroll for Earring for INT
Scroll for Topwear for DEF
Scroll for Overall Armor for DEX
Scroll for Bottomwear for DEF
Scroll for Shoes for Speed
Scroll for Gloves for ATT
Scroll for Cape for Magic Def.
Scroll for Gun for ATT 65%
Scroll for One-Handed Sword for ATT
Scroll for One-Handed Axe for ATT
Scroll for One-Handed BW for ATT
Scroll for Dagger for ATT
Scroll for Wand for Magic ATT
Scroll for Staff for Magic ATT
Scroll for Two-handed Sword for ATT
Scroll for Two-handed Axe for ATT
Scroll for Two-handed BW for ATT
Scroll for Spear for ATT
Scroll for Polearm for ATT
Scroll for Bow for ATT
Scroll for Crossbow for ATT
Scroll for Claw for ATT
Scroll for Knuckler for ATT 65%
Scroll for Gun for ATT 65%

Cash Shop Sales

· Exciting new items such as the Chocolate Heart, Miss Popular, Mr. Popular, 3D Glasses, and the cute Baby Tiger Package.

· Male Aran and Female Aran hairstyles can be yours through the purchase of a Henesys Hairstyle Coupon (VIP) or a Kerning City Hairstyle Coupon (VIP).

MTS
· The following can now be traded on the MTS!

Item Name
Christmas Tree
Christmas Gift Box
Cuddly Polar Bear
Giant Pink Bean Cushion

New Gachapon Items
· Couple’s love chair, available from Feb 19th to March 2nd.
· Gachapon machines has a chance to drop a Gachapon Food Coupon, which you can use to redeem for food items such as the new Unripe Onyx Apple
· Now has a chance to drop erasers, which you can turn in to Andy in Terra Forest to receive a Time Traveler’s Free Pass.

Bug Fixes!
· To fix loss of functionality to the keyboard, press the keys Alt and Control on both sides of the keyboard twice.
· Battleship Cannon skill can now be trained.
· The hydrants for the warrior quest, Drought in Perion, are back.
· Dirty Treasure map can now be removed from your inventory by talking to Jack in the Nautilus.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:39 pm

OOOOoooo... does that mean Cygnus Knights can zak now? and woot for neo tokyo, i might get on and explore a bit after the patch
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Cygnus knights can already zak. Its just there level they makes them suck. (There damage gets lowered due to level difference). So even though a 120 DW can match a lvl 140 Hero. They Zak runners would choose the Hero due to it not suffering the lowered damage.

Also Angie look at the new pet were getting
http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PART=/Event/View&boardNo=203&contentNo=006DB&pageIndex=1
Also look at this new hair
http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PART=/Event/View&boardNo=203&contentNo=006DO
Makes me wanna get the white version of it for my Ewaya or Ami9x and just play them.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:04 pm

That patch alone makes me wanna continue my Bowman and get nx for it. New pet, new hair, new nx......TEMPTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double post I know.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Zielo wrote:
OOOOoooo... does that mean Cygnus Knights can zak now? and woot for neo tokyo, i might get on and explore a bit after the patch

Well... we're not getting Neo Tokyo, we're getting Neo City, a heavily nerfed version of Neo Tokyo.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah i noticed the pet Razz Im tempted to get it, it can be juppys and tarios baby. i still have like 7 nx left over from what i didnt spend on mabi. i dunno if it will be worth it though because i dont really ever play anymore. eh, i guess theres nothing else i can do with the nx anyway.
the new hair is eh. not really my taste but ok
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:01 pm

FREAKING NERFS
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 10:35 pm

O_O wow something to do now Very Happy
-patches MS to unbore himself-

I WANT A TIGER! D:
-kicks NX building-
LEMME CHARGE NX PLOX T-T
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:09 am

Maplestory will now be launched from the website?

I actually feel like coming back, even for a while... like a weeked or something
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 pm

Agreed wit Kish, but not today, Im having a reunion wit my friends :3
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:44 pm

Oh yeah, what does it mean that it will be launched from the website... that you can only go to the site to play it now? like how runescape is i think
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 pm

No. What it is I think that you click Maplestory.exe from where ever you have it which will open up the maplestory website for you to log in, then you can proceed to press start on that box that always open then play. Or something like that. Mabinogi is going through the same thing.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:24 pm

No more arduous downloads?
-sparkley eyes-
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:19 am

OH SO NO DOWNLOADS? -explodes-
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:10 am

I think one of the nexon employees has spilled coffee over the new patches for Mabinogi and Maplestory cause this is like the first time in history (well when I started playing 2 years ago) that they've post poned the updates TWICE!!!

EDIT: Decaf coffee*
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:56 am

GG NEXON
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:58 am

Zielo wrote:
OH SO NO DOWNLOADS? -explodes-

.... Sadly u still gotta Download the game..... lawl I can't Imagine w8 4 hrs for Playing MS xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes   MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MapleStory Ver. 83 Update Notes
Page 1 of 1