Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

SIGH...

Go down 
+3
Jando
GraffleFraff
Zielo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

Guess who finally got their computer back? ME! Guess who needs a new graphics card before she can even play maple? MEEEE. -cries-
Unless anyone here can fix this problem, everything so far is pointing to me needing a new graphics card. I installed maple and everything, but all I see when I press play is a black screen but I can still hear the sound. Bah, ill just post the information I put on sleepy and basil.....

Basil:
"I just recently re-downloaded maple onto my new computer, and when I press play, all I see is a black screen but I hear the music and background sounds perfectly fine. Iv'e tried everything so far- downloaded DirectX, changed the setup.exe, restarted the computer, re-downloaded maple again all together, threw the computer out the window, and changed the computers monitor display settings. Any help would reallllyyyy be appreciated, I have no idea how to get this thing working :<"

Sleepy:
"I just recently installed maple (not for the first time, I just got a new computer) and when I clicked on the big Play button, I hear the start music and everything, except the screen stays pitch black. Then I see that blue box with white lettering that says "Off mode in 5 seconds", and the computer monitor just turns off. When I turn it back on, the exact same thing happens.(this stopped happening for some reason, now its just a black screen) I can still hear the Maple start music and when I move the mouse I can hear it rolling over the buttons and everything, but the screen is still pitch black. I cant seem to make anything of this of why Maple is turning off my monitor.(again, stopped happening) I've tried re-loading the game, re-starting the computer, re-installing from the MSSETUP file that I still have, and changed the settings in the Setup.exe file. The only thing I haven't done yet was completely deleted and re-installed the full 4 hour or so process, I just quickly installed it through the file that was left after I installed it the first time. Im afraid if I fully delete and reinstall it it would be a waste of time in case it happens again.(Ive done this now, and still not working)
So, the question, does anyone know what I should do? D=

Other information I found in the DirectX file thing:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Microsoft Corperation)
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce FX 5200
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor

Im not sure if that will tell you anything, but here it is anyway D:"

I doubt any of you would be able to make sense out of that since the only answers ive been getting so far either dont work or has something to do with the graphics card. it probly is the card, so i asked dad nicely if he would get me a new one. its going to be probly another week or so before i get to be able to come back on to maple and everything. siiiiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ....duck
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 am

Yeah, sorry, I can't make heads or tails of that computer jibberish. I can ask my friends but really, you dad should really try to get your a new computer. =[ I feel your pain.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

Number of posts : 3892
Registration date : 2008-08-24

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 am

Guh. V80 is full of fail and so many people have been having problems. First off. Download this client.

http://download3.nexon.net/maplestory/fullversion/MSSetupv80.exe

It should download in 1 - 5hrs depending on dl spd.

Once that is done, install it. See if it works.
If not then try running it as Administrator. To do this right click it and click Run as Administrator.

If it still doesn't work google what ever is happening and see what google has to say about it.

I'm having problems myself with V80 and I've just recently found that link to download. I'm currently at 0.7GB/1.6FGB with 26mins left at 578.2 kB/s speed. The problem I had was when maple started up it showed the new server as El Nido and I was like O.O FAIL!! Soon after that I got dc'd, I tried again and again and again. Kept Dcing. I deleted maple, re-installed V78, then used manual patch of V79 and V80 but still the same thing. I think tried to Download V80 through the Downloader app that Nexon made but it was going at speeds of 30 - 70kb/s due to how many people were downloading it at the time. But since I've downloaded this link its going much much faster and if I still get the same problem, I'll try and download V79 and auto patch it then Manual Patch it. If the fails then I give up.

I WISH YOU LUCK AND I WISH MYSELF LUCK!!!! RAWR -goes off and tidies house so I can get ban lifted off-
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 am

I think to fix the problem of mine all you do is download V79 and auto patch to V80.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 7:53 am

I dont think it has anything to do with the v80 patch. I actually got my computer yesterday but I wanted to surprise you guys by getting on right after i fixed the banner (thats why i managed to do the two banners and why i was on all the time in the forums the other day) so i downloaded the v79 patch yesterday and thats when the problem started, and i patched to 80 today and the patch ran smoothly, but i still get the same problem. i might as well try installing it again while its at 80, i have nothing to lose and im about to go to school for the day anyway. i dont think its going to fix anything, but might as well try.
And actually, this is a new computer, for me anyway. I mentioned before that dad had another donated clients computer that he said he could fix up for me, and this is it. its used, but it actually is A LOT better than what i had before. its so much faster and cleaner, so im not complaining. its just the graphics card im not too sure about now.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:06 am

Ok, the download will take 3 hours. Ill be back by then, so hope it works. GOOD LUCK TO ME D:
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 pm

NVIDIA GeForce? I think thats better than what my computer has, and is better than the integrated graphics most computers have, thats what i know about GeForce. though, maybe its that model of geforce that might be old or outdated, try looking for updates for your graphics card on the nvidia homepage. maybe your dad forgot to update it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm

I have nooo idea how to do that, what the model even is, or how to find it.
i just got back and the thing finished downloading, now its installing. gonna try it in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:43 pm

yeah... just tried it, still doesn't work.
i sort of have an idea though, just to be 100% sure its the graphics card. does anyone know of any other maple-similar online games that require basically the same thing?
i could try to download one of those, and if it works, then it couldnt be the graphics card.
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:04 pm

hmm. Might be your drivers you never know. I could fix it if i had your computer. But I am mostly certain that it is your graphics card.

Did you google you problem yet? Cause if you haven't then..... heres some links and comments that could help.

http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/forums/thread/3880036.aspx

Run the Setup.exe (as admin with vista) and do what it says.

After that try re-opening MS.

------

Go to your MapleStory folder and double-click setup.exe and then click No on the pop-up

it will show up the same screen at different frequencies and tells you to click Alt + H if it works

You might see the picture, but if you see a box showing something about frequency not correct or something similar, you just let it continue to the next frequency, and when you see the picture they show up without the input not supported box there, you can now click Alt + H or wait until the popup shows up asking if it is the correct frequency and you click yes.

It should show that the computer has been set to XX Mhz frequency...XX meaning a number

When it says restart MapleStory, it means re-open MapleStory

*IMPORTANT* HAVE MAPLESTORY CLOSED WHEN YOU ARE DOING THIS OR IT MIGHT NOT WORK

Hope this helps you ...Happy Mapling

----

Try that one.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:37 pm

Well this might sound weird but when I got my new computer, maple didn't work on it. So it was shunned and my ps2 had some fun with me. ANYWAY like 2 weeks later I decided to try again and for some radical reason it worked.
I think I was getting the same thing as you
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm

CRAP I WAS GONNA SUGGEST THAT JDNOW! F5

mby... U can read my mind? O_O
OMFG I DONT WANT U TO KNOW WAT IM THINKING! D:

ummm...Kish did u create an Aran? :3
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 pm

yes, it's called OutOfBread, I wrote it somewhere else
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:27 pm

Bah why does no one seem to read the details in what I wright.... why do I even bother. your like the 4th person to tell me to do that. i know your just trying to help, but as you would say, LEARN2READ D:

Zielo wrote:
Iv'e tried everything so far- downloaded DirectX, changed the setup.exe, restarted the computer, re-downloaded maple again all together, threw the computer out the window, and changed the computers monitor display settings.

Zielo wrote:
I've tried re-loading the game, re-starting the computer, re-installing from the MSSETUP file that I still have, and changed the settings in the Setup.exe file.

Anyway.... for some odd reason the setup.exe thing works on all settings, just not on the actual game itself. I just talked to dad and he said the graphics card i have now is 2006, and said i would probly need a more updated one. he already ordered it and should get here in 3-4 days, hupefully. THEN. THEEENNNNNN. I should be able to FINALLY get back into my maple ways.
Now, if this graphics card thing doesnt work, im screwed.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:56 pm

Easy ANge... y dont u update ur Drivers......
thats the only thing left to do if u cant w8 for the graphics card
u can get it from the Maple Downloads
and its almost automatic.. just follow the instructions and u'll b fine :3
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:06 am

Perhaps you have an outdated video card :X
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:49 am

The what
i have no idea what that is/what your talking about o-o
Back to top Go down
Jando
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Jando

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 4:12 am

YOU SAID CHANGE THE SETTINGS OF SETUP.EXE NOT ACTUALLY RUN THE PROGRAM!!! LEARN2WRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:28 pm

sorry i had to move this, i didnt like clicking comments all the time.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:31 pm

=x its the same thing as clicking the thread, but ok.

and jando, its common sense to know very well what that means f3
excuses excuses, i mean what else could you possibly do with that program.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:31 pm

ACTUALLY, its one extra click, and i dont really know the purpose of that entire whats the word section anyways...

and you said you made a level 16 aran, does that mean you have another computer that plays maple?
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm

yeah, ive been using my dads, remember
i just cant get on as often. its been like that for a while. and i havnt been on maple for several days or about a week before that
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh and the main purpose of the blog section was just to pass on news... something like this, that tells everyone if were going to be gone from maple for a while or returning, or quitting, etc. it might even be more useful to post your gpq notices than cluttering up the other forums. the blog thing wasnt really ment to keep chatting on like this one ended up doing, your really just supposed to leave a few comments and go.
i dunno, i kind of like it. whenever i see theres a new post there i know its something important and not just other random forum gibberish (for instance, that 'helens quitting' post was a shocker..)

But i suppose if everyone else feels the same way we could have a vote and take it off. -makes thread-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SIGH... Empty
PostSubject: Re: SIGH...   SIGH... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SIGH...
Page 1 of 1