Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

The Chat Chat Thread

Go down 
+7
Zormage
DarkRecon
blaze7734
Shen
Alek
GraffleFraff
Zielo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

The Chat Chat Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:26 am

Every day I notice that a few people have been on the forums in the past 24 hours, and yet nothing is being posted or talked about. We should just make a thread and talk about whatever, so everyone can stop clicking the Informal icon in vain and getting nothing out of it.

Next poster, name some random topic thats interesting that we can all sit around and converse about. (if no new post is made in a day then Ill just do anything)
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 am

How do you all feel about the occupy movement?

What movies have you seen lately? What movies are you really anticipating?

How's school? Getting through it?

What are your plans for Thanksgiving break? Winter break?

Anyone have any new love interests?

Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:07 am

....I honestly dont know much about this occupy movement thing, so I cant say.

I want to see Puss in Boots. ):< As far as any new movies... really nothing. Im finally getting a little more into anime though and have seen Grave of the Fireflies and finishing off Soul Eater.

School is actually a lot better than it has been in a long time. Whoever said Junior year was the hardest was lying. Either that or im just really lucky.

Not much plans for either, just kind of winging it like usual. Hang out with whoever feels like it at the time and thats pretty much it.

Actually... me and Dylan are going through a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Im not really sure how things are going to turn out, but just letting you guys know so one of you poopbrains doesn't go post "OMGZ WEN U GUIZ GETTING MURRIED" on his wall or something to make my life twice as difficult.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 pm

Wth? Ocuppy movement? How do you eat that? @-@

I just want to go watch Sherlock Holmes 2. Can't wait for that one Razz

School is being a bish atm, lots of projects and exams and semestral tests are just around the corner and my life can't be more stressful x3 Good thing I just take everything easy. Very Happy

Breaks... Play 24/7 whatever game I can think of: Skyrim, Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword, Uncharted 3, Battlefield 3, Minecraft, MapleStory... Damn, so much to do! xD

No love atm, need to focus on those grades you know? Razz
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Angie, you didn't read the Hunger Games? I don't know why I assumed you had. Either way, I think if you saw the trailer you'd be interested in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fye5Nwe4qeI

You are really lucky. You're either lucky or you did junior year differently. At my school it's the first year you can really start taking a lot of AP classes, so people take like three or four and it's a lot more work. On top of that, it's really the year that colleges look the most at so there's pressure to do better than before.

I'm sorry that things are rough. If it's any consolation me and Bryan have been going through something similar. Hang in there, relationships can't always be sunshine and rainbows. They're a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 11:17 pm

iAlexxx! wrote:
Wth? Ocuppy movement? How do you eat that? @-@

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA, WHAT! I DIED READING THIS. You don't eat it, but nevermind. Alek, I love you.

I'm pretty excited for Sherlock Holmes too. That's next month, YUS.

Your breaks are coming up! Video game galore. I had a friend that traded cupcakes for skyrim, and got it basically free.

Didn't you have a girlfriend? What happened? But yeah, school is the most important, glad you're level headed.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 11:38 am

Yeah. Im aware about relationships being no cakewalk. >_<

Alright, that trailer caught my attention. Im pretty interested now. Ive heard of it, but im just not a movie person so I dont watch trailers or anything at all, and especially since I dont watch TV I never see the ones I would like. I kind of want to read the book first though.

Alright... yeah, I actually am doing my Junior year differently. YOU SEE.... I didnt exactly pass with flying colors last year, so they held me back a grade. Im actually only half a junior. Officially, im a sophomore, but half of my classes are junior-level courses (that being english III, american history, and my two electives). My sophomore classes are biology, english II remediation (which is this awesome computer class that I flew through and will be completed with by next month) and then theres geometry (which I failed algebra I way back in freshman year... so yeah)

Also, theres a catch. Theres a reason why I declare this my junior year even though it isnt officially. As long as I pass every class I have this year (which I am) then im going to be a senior next year, because then Ill have just enough credits. This is going to suck bigtime though because then im going to have every class out of the ass piled onto my senior year and I wont have any fun.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Something similar happened to my brother. It sucked, but on the bright side a lot of teachers understand that if they don't pass you won't graduate, and so they help you out if you're near failing. You can always sick your parents on them too.

I wasn't interested in the book at all until I saw the trailer. My friends are pushing for it, but I hate reading.

Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:28 pm

Yeah, things are kinda bettar as in easier here.

First 2 years of highschool have "common" classes, the 3rd year is like a specialized year:

Math and Physics ( Alek is hier)

Biology and Chemistry

Historic (which haves laws, administration and lots of boring and theoric st00f that I hate)

Economics

So basically you need to do your best the first 2 years to actually pass everything you couldn't and then relax the last year doing what you like and preppare for University, which comes next year for me... ZOMG! I WANT TO BE A VIDEOGAME ENGINEER SO BAD! Very Happy

But yeah, lots of people say that the 2nd year here is the hardest, which is a complete lie @-@ It's easy if you just keep doing Homework and not procrastinating in MapleStory and st00f. Very Happy

@Helen. I really don't know what the ocuppy movement is @-@ Enlighten Alek plawkz D:
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah a lot of my friends have read the hunger games and are getting hyped up for it, i had heard about the books but never read them, but i too hate reading. Someone said there is a japanese movie with a very similar plot line, but its more violent or something.

Junior year is without a doubt the hardest for me. Every day when i walk out of AP Chem my butthole is sore, and its the last period of the day so i have no energy to pay attention to this useless shit. I should have taken AP Physics because honors is coming so naturally to me. Ive given up on getting an A in that class..

Ive heard that the protesters of the occupy movement have been getting violent and i think that you might as well stop if you are bringing violence into the mix, and im pretty sure nothing has been accomplished by any of it

I am still on my journey to watch all top 250 movies on the iMDB list, im on 82 right now (im not going in order of the list) The last one i saw was American Beauty, Kevin Spacey is probably one of my favorite actors now. I also understand several Family Guy references after watching it. There is no movie im excited for, excluding Dark Knight Rises but that comes out in like 30 years. I heard that new george clooney movie is supposed to be good, my family usually goes out to see a movie on Thanksgiving Day so i will probably see that then. Also Harold and Kumar 3, i heard NPH was funny.

Thanksgiving im just staying home, i have this week off which was much needed. Winter break starts the 23rd which is retarded, and im going to Canada christmas day which is going to suck..

Any love interest? These bitches need a reality check, you smell me? Ive put my tail chasing days on hold.

OH YEAH IM GETTING A CAR SOON (possibly an 08 Mitsubishi Lancer)
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:36 pm

DONT SMILE

Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Ive never seen anyone fall asleep that instantly... other than my dad in front of the TV.

Omar, I never understood how you could live. I think Id rather kill myself before I take all of the AP and honors classes that you and Kevin do. Ive only taken one single honors class in my life, it was English last year and im pretty sure I was put in by mistake, and I failed it. That would be the reason why im still a sophomore.

No one in my school has the motivation for that kind of stuff, let alone just focusing on making A's. Im content with straight C's, so long as I pass. So far I haven't gotten a single D or F on my report cards since the year started, and thats the best Ive done in a pretty long time.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 am

=____= Hooooommmeeewooooooooooooork.
imma going home for the holiday break at least Razz
get to hang out with some old friends again before coming back with more work to do @_@

Playing a lot of minecraft lately woooo 1.0.0
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:14 am

@ALEK
You don't procrastinate? I've gotten better about it, but I still have trouble.

The Occupy Movement is a movement in America (although, uprisings have started in other countries) where people are aggravated that most of the wealth in the country is going to 1% of the people.

@Omar
The trick if you're going to take AP chem is to only take it senior year... that way you can not take it seriously. I warned you!

There are protestors that are taking it too far, but this week the reason protests were getting violent was because of police. This week a video surfaced of police pepper spraying a group of protestors sitting down, totally in their right, at point blank range. Earlier in the week they also assaulted former police officer, a pregnant woman, an 84 year old woman, and a former supreme court judge without good cause (obviously, since none of those people listed could or would be a threat to a police force). Either way, I do agree that nothing is getting done. Regardless, it's going to continue until something changes.

Harold and Kumar 3 was pretty funny. Nothing can top the original, but it was still worth the watch. Also, American Beauty has always been on my top 20 best movies list.

OMG, GROWING UP, YOURE GETTING A CAR. Does this mean you already have your license becauseeeeeeeee, that's awesome. I remember when I got my license, my social life improved dramatically.

Also I hate babies, so I didn't smile at all. Bryan did though.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 3:15 am

blaze7734 wrote:

Playing a lot of minecraft lately woooo 1.0.0
I can't get my boyfriend off of that. Now I know how he felt when I was on MS.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Minecraft is just awesome. Razz You need to get it Hel. :3

That occupy movement sounds like something that should have happened here a LONG time ago, seriously, the only thing that changes is that .80% of that 1% are politicians, they basically steal all the money they can from taxes and st00f. The only thing that changes is that government is "kind of" allied with drug dealers and most of the time they beat the military forces in power. Talk about a screwed country ¬¬

Hmm... Cars... I might get one before this year finishes or before I actually go to the unversity (Which is going to be awesome Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:13 pm

Zielo wrote:
Ive never seen anyone fall asleep that instantly... other than my dad in front of the TV.

Omar, I never understood how you could live. I think Id rather kill myself before I take all of the AP and honors classes that you and Kevin do. Ive only taken one single honors class in my life, it was English last year and im pretty sure I was put in by mistake, and I failed it. That would be the reason why im still a sophomore.

No one in my school has the motivation for that kind of stuff, let alone just focusing on making A's. Im content with straight C's, so long as I pass. So far I haven't gotten a single D or F on my report cards since the year started, and thats the best Ive done in a pretty long time.

I think it has to do with the people at your school. We have two extremes of people that try really hard and people that don't try at all. Georgia is ranked 49 in education too so yeah... I know the education systems in the south are so much worse than in the north, so i know what kind of teachers you are around since you live in Louisiana. I know a bunch people that are in the same situation as you where you are technically a sophomore because of your credits. Its really common and if you do everything right it will be like it never happened.

Ive tried minecraft, i just don't understand the appeal in a game where you are pleasuring yourself by building stuff that only you will see...

Also, is anyone going to do some Black Friday shopping. I went to Best Buy today... there was 5 tents already set up 2 days before black friday, that is some true dedication

Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 pm

@Omar: Yeah... thats why you play on Multiplayer. Very Happy Silly Omar. :3

School is actually acceptable now at the last year, past 2 years were obnoxious, mainly because the first was at the school I was since I was a kid, 2nd year sucked because I changed schools, I had to catch up on a lot of Math topics and I had to actually step up to my biology teacher (Which actually told us that the human body haves 10k litters of blood, go figure) and to my Math teacher (which is respectable as a Math teacher, but just that @-@ the guy just complains about how much corruption the world haves and how He would solve it even though we know He doesn't really do much about it and He is always bitching up if you don't do the things His way. Also He is quite the noob as in what PCs is involved... I just hate that...). Last year has just been epic, because I really feel like I'm almost in the Univ Very Happy Learning useful st00f that I can actually apply is Baws

I wish we had black fridays... it would be cool to get everything to a cheap price since $$$ doesn't really help here, but as already seen, it's kinda dangerous @-@
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:07 am

Yeah but Minecraft looks so boring. Even with other people, just building things... I know people make amazing things, but for me I'd get bored so fast. It's just not my thing.

There was an article out about a week ago that said people had already started camping out for Black Friday. How ridiculous. What better way to show how unthankful you really are by sitting outside stores waiting for deals that aren't even that great. My friends and I go every year to people watch, but usually around 3 pm when the crowd has died down a little. This year I heard they're starting in this area at midnight instead of 4/5am, so that'll be interesting. It totally is dangerous to go... one year someone got shot at our local Walmart.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 1:49 am

Yeah, the teachers here do make a huge difference. Im actually really enjoying my sopho-junior year though, like if I had the option to go back in time and change it so that I could be a junior, I wouldnt. The only thing that im not looking forward to out of this is the makeup classes that I might have to take my senior year.

I like minecraft, but I rarely play it. I just didnt get attached or addicted to it like most people, but building stuff is cool, especially when you can make large scale models of 8-bit characters, like pokemon sprites. Also, people can see stuff you make.

Ugh. Black Friday. Has anyone seen the new JC Penny Black Friday commercial...

Its even worse here, considering the crime rates. I heard over the news that someone actually got killed by being run over with a shopping cart and trampled on too much.

Also..... this video for some reason really reminds me of that "My Push-Up Bra Will Help Me Get My Man" video you guys did, with the cheesy car edited in:

Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:21 am

That bus driver is hardcore! GET IT BUS 62!

I didn't see the JC Penny one, but I saw the Kohls one that used the Rebecca Black song.

Also, weird that it's already time for winter forums again. Time is flyinnnnn.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:27 am

Oh, wait. That was the one I was thinking of. Kohls, not JC Penny.

And well, it really isnt. Fall's just started so I figured I'd decorate for that, but change the banner anyway because Ive been wanting to use it. Besides, it still fits with a chilly theme.

EDIT: Er... scratch that. Seeing as though Fall started way back in September and Winter starts late December. I guess were more towards the end of Fall. People over here never notice when Fall offically hits though, because it doesnt start getting cold here at all until November. As far as were concerned, it just started.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:56 pm

ZOMG! I LOVE THIS ST00F! Very Happy

/me like that banner. :3

Lol, people here actually anticipate for winter since November. Razz For example, my big sis placed her pine tree (plastic of course) at her house after Dia de Muertos Very Happy Gotta keep that nephew busy xD

Actually... now that I think of it, I'm anticipating lower temps this winter here. Last year the least we got was 7º Celsius It might drop at least 3 more Razz Too bad it doesn't really rain here @-@ it would be cool to get a bit of snow x3

@Ange: 8bit Sprites are just effing awesome. :3 A friend and I built a Pixel paradise in the server we play in Razz PURE AWESOMENESS
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 1:39 am

Ahh, i went to walmart before reading this forum. It opened at 10PM Thanksgiving day this year to start sales on home appliances and toys (which include video games) I was trying to get Fifa 12 for 28 dollars, and i wasn't expecting anyone to be there since it's walmart and i always thought Best Buy was the biggest place for black friday... i was sadly mistaken. There were no parking spots and apparently people had chairs set up inside the store waiting for them to put the on sale video games out, by the time i made it through the hellzone that was walmart, all of the games were gone Sad. White people are fucking crazy. Thats all i learned from that experience. Also on the way out somebody was being escorted out by 2 state troopers. I tried to snap a picture but my mom told me to put my phone away.
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 3:17 am

Yeah, Walmart is a lot worse than Best Buy on Black Friday (in my opinion). We go sometimes, because there's no better people watching, but we always walk. I'm not really feeling it this year. All the greed is putting me out of the holiday spirit and making me cynical about the world. It's fine trying to get one of two things cheap, but then you see those women with shopping carts and shopping carts full of shit, getting in fights with other women, screaming at the person behind the register because the sale didn't ring up correctly for every single item. Consumerism in America, I tell ya...

Multiple arrests at our local walmart too btw, according to facebook statuses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chat Chat Thread   The Chat Chat Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chat Chat Thread
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next