Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

Another one of those Final Fantasy threads

Go down 
+3
Kevintasta
GraffleFraff
Zielo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Empty
PostSubject: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:45 pm

So I finally managed to get my hands on a Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy III, and I'm going to see what all the hype is about with these games. Is there anything I need to know before I start? I expect Kish to know a lot of things, but since I noticed that most of the people in the guild play it, I thought it's just best to ask everyone.
Before I start, does each final fantasy game have it's own plot, or does it continue from the last game that came out, like a story? Like do I need to play 1 and 2 to know what happenens in 3? And are there any reaccuring characters that appear in more than one game?
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Each game has a different story line and plot, so you don't need to know the previous game. And I'm not an expert, but I know that FFX and FFX2 are related games. Other than that, I think the only thing that reoccurs regularly is chocobos.
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:52 pm

The currency, chocobos, and firaga-type spells pretty much recur in every game i think. The story is usually completely different unless it's like what Helen said.

Also, I don't think final fantasy three is that good.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:18 pm

I see I see o: good choice to start
forst of all you are gonna need to grind some levels before confronting a boss or you'll get PWNED

Try to look in EVERY SINGLE CORNER ther might be useful tiems and gil you might need

Equip ALL of your characters with the bes you can find, don't give just the best things to your favorite one

On boss fights be sure to constantly Heal or else the Boss might PWN you with its spells

THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:17 pm

There is no consecutive story line in the FF1-13 games
FF1 though is refernced through some other games i never played FF3 :X
so idk
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

Number of posts : 3967
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:25 pm

So I just wrote this huge paragraph giving you tips and explaining everything for you and flawing a few tips from Alek.
But Larz posted first, and I thought I was the only one online. So yeah, it's all gone and I'm not rewriting it.
Back to top Go down
Alek
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Alek

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 pm

Fail...
anyways =P that worked for me so W/E xD
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Final Fantasy has to be the most overrated game series out there. Final Fantasy X was a terrible game and i literally pushed myself to get as far as i did. The story in the game seemed like it was forced out just to make a game. I honestly thing i could do a better job of voice acting all the voices than the people in the game did. They need to realize that rather than forcing themselves to match the english voice with the japanese word mouthings, they should just make dialogue that makes sense, even if the words end up hanging over. But i also don't play that many RPG games so i guess my opinion doesn't matter. If you are anything like me, however, i suggest you incinerate that game now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:01 am

In my opinion, I thought FFX was horrible too. I don't think one game though, is a good representation of the entire series.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 am

Each game is different, Final Fantasy X was actually the one I disliked the most, yet it was still my first. They all have different stories, characters, graphics, gameplay mechanics blah blah blah. (You know on the bus I heard a four year old use etcetera?) XII has some pretty awesome voice actors, and so does 13, if you're not looking at small pink hairedd ANNOYIGN LITLTEA MSCKALW
If you want an amazing story, then play IV, that shit is intense. Not to mention it's a blast. DANGERZONEE
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 am

I prefer the tales series myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:59 pm

Alright... Thanks guys. That's all I wanted to know. At least I don't have the first one, it sounds pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Ragafa
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
Ragafa

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:10 pm

We haven't been talking about the first one...?
Number ten is the one we're saying is bad. Number one is actually really good. It's why the franchise took off... Hell the only reason they called it Final Fantasy was because it was their last game before going backrupt and they wanted to make a fantasy game. Now look at where Square is.
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:39 pm

10? Oh. Sorry. I suck at roman numerals. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one of those Final Fantasy threads   Another one of those Final Fantasy threads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one of those Final Fantasy threads
Page 1 of 1