Formalities
Formalities
Formalities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formalities

I'm too lazy to make a new banner

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Guild SiteGuild Site  RulesRules  

5 Favorite Anime

Go down 
+6
blaze7734
Zielo
Shen
Jando
GraffleFraff
Kevintasta
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

Number of posts : 1154
Registration date : 2008-09-12

5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, it's clear that a fair portion of the guild watches anime, so it's only fair that there be an anime thread for it. The title says it all. Hopefully, I can find some interesting anime this way as well (ulterior motive).

For the record, my favorite genres are supernatural, psychological, and comedy... so I'm not sure any of you would like these that much.

5. Gurren Lagann
-Tons of heart-ripping moments but still maintains a comedic mood, action is decent, "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?"

4. XXXHolic
-Good blend of comedy and supernatural elements, awesome shop owner, ties in with the Tsubasa Chronicles series, opening and ending music are good

3. Bakemonogatari
-Interesting characters, interesting character interaction, unique supernatural elements, different kind of humor, several different opening musics and each is good, amazing ending music

2. Code Geass
-Best goddamn ending ever

1. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
-Very well developed characters with several personality traits, amazing character interaction, several subplots that relate to the main plot well, matches mood to music incredibly well and does an excellent job of creating a mood, good at doing comedy or doing horror, two badass characters, several different themes, huge number of plot twists, an ongoing mystery where your theory changes drastically every arc until the ending, falls under the genres of psychological, supernatural, and comedy, "Nipa--*".

/end rant
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Yea... I was pretty disappointed... I've switched to mangareader and mangafox though and it covers a lot. I don't even know why they shut down completely. They didn't have to take down the unlicensed manga.

Also, I feel like dubs will be better sometimes, pretty much only when the show actually takes place in an english-speaking country. Otherwise, subs are better.
Back to top Go down
DarkRecon
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough
DarkRecon

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 pm

There's also manga stream, though all it has are the new releases for One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and Fairy Tail but I'm happy with it as it has my top 4 fav manga, though I miss Reborn.

Off topic: Who's seen a Vampires Suck trailer? Twilight Series parody ftw. Here's one:
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

Number of posts : 6603
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:08 am

I usually always watch dub versions... i hate reading subtitles the entire time im trying to watch the actual art and whats happening on the vid itself. Its fine with manga because you can look at the pictures for as long as you want. But what makes sub so special
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Pros of Subs
1. The characters don't sound fucking retarded (not always but 90% of the time true)
2. The jokes might actually make sense (you need to know some japanese culture to understand it but I personally like it better than some of the random american filler some people add)
3. Everything is called its proper name (That time they called an onigiri a doughnut on pokemon pissed me off)
4. You don't see severely altered lines because they had to fit to the character's mouth moving.
5. There are some character types that are just plain-out better performed by a japanese person.
6. You get to watch the episodes MUCH earlier
7. No matter how stupid of a thing they're saying, it always sounds cool because it's in a different language.

Pros of Dubs
1. You dont have to focus on the subs and avoid seeing some of the picture.
2. The lines react quicker to your mind because its in your own language
3. This comment was removed
4. There are some character types that are just plain-out better performed by an American person (very few).

Last edited by Kevintasta on Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Lol number 3 for pros of dubs is really a con... but yeah I guess I see what you mean.
I really never notice those sorts of things though for pros of subs, nor really care. The two main differences though, is for subs, its true that you get to watch it a LOT earlier than dubs, and for dubs, you dont have to waste time reading subtitles. But the little things like calling an onigiri a doughnut (yes. i noticed that too) I could honestly care less about. It most likely wont affect the main plot of the show, and as long as i know what their actually talking about then its fine. I never noticed those lines on the characters mouth either from fitting it to speak english. Just in my personal opinion, I prefer dubbed versions (although the fact they take so much longer to come out is pretty aggravating)

(...by the way, im on episode 211 on pokemon. I started watching again.)
Back to top Go down
GraffleFraff
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
GraffleFraff

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:13 pm

You could always just torrent the dubbed series if it's that big of a inconvenience to watch it subbed. But I definitely recommend watching it ASAP! I just finished it, not even a minute ago, and I feel sooooooo much better. Really, now I can finally stop being bitter about the other series
Back to top Go down
BillyFTW
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
BillyFTW

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Totally unrelated to previous convos,
but 5 favorite anime?

1.One Piece
2.One Piece
3.One Piece
4.One Piece
5.One Piece
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

Number of posts : 4529
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 3:03 am

One Piece never caught my attention
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 9:51 pm

I can never download episodes. It takes up too much space and I never have the patience to wait.

Also, One Piece never caught my attention either. I heard it was good but it's like Cowboy Bebop for me. I plan on watching it eventually, but I keep putting it off for other random shows.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:29 pm

It's awsome Very Happy
Its like a action pack bout of insanity with a rather thicker plot that it actually appears.
Plus its rather funny
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 pm

Im not a big fan of animes that are as long as One Peice is. They are just making up the plot as they go along, which kind of annoys me since they are just trying to squeeze as much money as they can out of it. Like with naruto, they create all of these mysterious characters that make a small appearance and then later on they will become one of the new villains of the show, and they just keep popping out so they can keep the show going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 12:37 am

Yeah... that does make sense. The only long run anime ive ever watched / are watching is pokemon, which currently has 650 episodes +. And thats not even considering the new black and white best wishes season coming out after this one..
Im not really one to talk though, I think pokemon out of all animes is the worst for money grabbing lol. The anime itself dosnt really have much of a plot, except for ash to beat all the leagues in every region they come across. Every episode inbetween pretty much just have their own little plots and some can go for as many as a 4 ep arc.

.....and I still cant find FMA anything, not even subbed D: Its goten to the point where I dont care what it is, if anyone can find the rest of brotherhood, ill watch the subbed
Back to top Go down
Kevintasta
Sugar Cookie
Sugar Cookie
Kevintasta

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:27 pm

http://www.hulu.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood

Subbed through the entire season with pretty good quality.

You have to deal with commercials though but it's not that bad.
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Anyone know if Fairy Tale's anime is out yet?
If so know where i can find a video? Very Happy
subs fine.
Back to top Go down
Shen
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Shen

Number of posts : 2976
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 9:28 pm

The Fairy Tale anime has been out for like a year
http://www.otakucenter.com/fairy-tail-f1146.html

And if you dont want to watch commercials, use this for FMA
http://www.otakucenter.com/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-f1037.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.guildinformal.webs.com
Zielo
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Zielo

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 am

Yay thanks Omar and Kev
Back to top Go down
blaze7734
Choco' Chip
Choco' Chip
blaze7734

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 11:35 am

=D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Favorite Anime   5 Favorite Anime - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 Favorite Anime
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3